Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

COVID19 "No change fees for new bookings" apply to partner airlines too?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19 "No change fees for new bookings" apply to partner airlines too?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: mileage plus
Question COVID19 "No change fees for new bookings" apply to partner airlines too?

I have an international flight booked today (4/30). It said,

"For tickets issued between April 1, 2020, and May 31, 2020, customers will be permitted to change free of charge to a flight of equal or lesser value for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date." and

"If the customer decides to cancel the flight they booked between April 1, 2020, and May 31, 2020, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without fee for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date."

However, my trip involves flights operated by United, Cathay Pacific and ANA. Do the rules still apply?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bettertell
.... However, my trip involves flights operated by United, Cathay Pacific and ANA. Do the rules still apply?
If booked by UA, yes

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 30, 2020 at 1:58 pm
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: mileage plus
Yes. I booked the trip directly at united.com. The rule also said "Fare Validity: This applies to all tickets, all fare types, all destinations, all points-of-sale, all travel dates available for sale, provided ticket number starts with 016.". My tickets start with 016. I guess the rules applied.
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.