Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Announces Q1 2020 Financial Results 30 April / Conference Call 01 May

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Announces Q1 2020 Financial Results 30 April / Conference Call 01 May

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Catbert10
Well, except for the part about moving employees to part-time so UA can still cut payroll costs will getting government money to maintain payroll.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...it4-story.html
It is worth noting that none of the airlines got enough money to cover all of payroll, about 72-75%. The terms allow them to reduce hours. So, what’s the financially prudent thing to do?

Delta was the leader on this, so I’m not sure why United is getting the letter from the Senator of state where there’s not a ton of United mainline service...
Old May 2, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
Would be smart to retrench to DEN, SFO, EWR, ORD and maybe keep IAD with government travel. LAX is too competitive for UA and UA does not need Latin America they have always been weak there and can’t be everywhere. Also, IAH is way too far South for domestic and is an oil city. Will be sad to see UA leave LAX as a hub. They were always the airline I flew to LA. Got to go to Australia, HKG, Hawaii, Guatemala, NRT all on UA from LAX. I don’t believe for a second AA won’t be leaving hubs either. There just are not enough people going to travel and business is moving to work from home model. They will will not need to fly. If things got really bad I could see ORD, SFO, EWR. Hope to fly the friendly skies again soon!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.