Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is EWR-ANC ever available on miles in J?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:26 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Totally called it ... However Alaska still has the strict quarantine measures in place so I am doubtful tourists will be allowed to go this summer.
The quarantine measures relax somewhat next week.
https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/

However the cruise ship season is not happening this year based on the ongoing restrictions in Canadian ports. The less than 100 US registered ships are not even worth discussing in the scheme of the larger vessels. Southeast will not have a season and even the tram in Juneau is not running this summer.

Some tourism will happen for communities on the road system, and Denali will have limited operations all summer with the Visitors Center not even opening until July.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ncorman

However the cruise ship season is not happening this year based on the ongoing restrictions in Canadian ports. The less than 100 US registered ships are not even worth discussing in the scheme of the larger vessels. Southeast will not have a season and even the tram in Juneau is not running this summer.

Some tourism will happen for communities on the road system, and Denali will have limited operations all summer with the Visitors Center not even opening until July.
I think pre-departure test is very reasonable and appropriate, and would be happy to take it... none of the places near me offer 24 hr turnaround yet though. All say 24-72 hrs at this time.
I hope there will be quicker options in the near future.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ncorman

There is still a lot of stunning scenery to see in Alaska especially without buses on the roads.
mgmsteven likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.