Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mileage earning on TP (TAP / Air Portugal) operated flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA mileage earning on TP (TAP / Air Portugal) operated flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AceReport
Anything on EI for one.
You can earn RDMs flying EI (for some routes)
Are there non-mileage earning EI flights that can be booked as awards?

BT for another.
I was not aware you can book award flights on Air Baltic, can you provide a link?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
agreed. That must indicate it is a MP partner. UA needs to stop this nonsense.
You also get access to *G lounges when flying them, as I can attest to. However, I was on a non-mileage earning fare so I can’t offer help in that department.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You can earn RDMs flying EI (for some routes)
Are there non-mileage earning EI flights that can be booked as awards?

I'm not sure, I know there are of EI flights that can be booked as awards and I've also seen EI flights quoted showing 0 earning on UA's site (i've never booked them)

I was not aware you can book award flights on Air Baltic, can you provide a link?
​​​​​​https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fli...ndorQuery=True
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an award or paid itin?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:27 am

Sorry the link seems to not work, was a dummy booking but a paid Itin. I'm having trouble replicating it now. Will update if I am able to duplicate it.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:35 am

here it is on flights: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...9-FRAATL0LH444

here is the UA link (may expire again): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fli...ndorQuery=True

Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Not to go OT, but good chance (60% I think) of flying on an ex-CO 735 on the AMS-VNO flight

Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This is not an award ticket either. Am I missing something?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Not to go OT, but good chance (60% I think) of flying on an ex-CO 735 on the AMS-VNO flight
Probably, I'm not actually planning on flying it so the end difference is 0 to me

Originally Posted by chavala
This is not an award ticket either. Am I missing something?
WineCountry and I had been discussing if it was possible to book an BT flight on UA, I'm not sure if this is what he meant but it was what I was referring to earlier in the thread. Now that we are getting a little off topic from the OP's being denied for his TP flight.....
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Probably, I'm not actually planning on flying it so the end difference is 0 to me

WineCountry and I had been discussing if it was possible to book an BT flight on UA, I'm not sure if this is what he meant but it was what I was referring to earlier in the thread. Now that we are getting a little off topic from the OP's being denied for his TP flight.....
Oh OK. I thought you and Winecountry were discussing if it was possible to book an AWARD BT flight on UA ??? But you have offered no proof that it's possible.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:56 pm

..... WineCountry and I had been discussing if it was possible to book an BT flight on UA, I'm not sure if this is what he meant but it was what I was referring to earlier in the thread. ...
What I wrote was
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
....I was not aware you can book award flights on Air Baltic, can you provide a link?
The point was if one can book award flights or earn RDMs, the flight operator needs to be *A or UA partner -- if not either then you will not be able to book an award flight. EI is a case of this but BT is not.

The purpose of this questioning was to determine if Portugalia flights should earn miles -- and then another member said they had book an award flight using Portugalia.

So the question was, is there a case of being able to book an award on a Portugalia flight if one could not earn miles for that flight in any fare class. (Still allowing some fares may not earn miles).

BT was offered as an example but believe that is incorrect.

.....Now that we are getting a little off topic from the OP's being denied for his TP flight.....
As far as BT yes, as far as could one earn miles on a Portugalia / TP flight -- likely if you can book an award flight which multiple members confirmed.
chavala and AceReport like this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:25 pm

Will teach me to read more carefully!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I had a flight LIS-BRU. Flight TP612 but actually sold as SN6412.
After several weeks the miles still did not appear on my account so today I tried to file a request for credit but it was immediately denied with the following message:
  • Our records indicate that this ticket was not used or was exchanged. Please check your flight information and submit a new request if necessary.

But I did take this flight, didn't make any changes whatsoever. The only special thing was that they issued us new boarding passes as apparently because of a mechanical issue we got another plane.
Our ticket numbers weren't changed. I did notice that our boarding passes showed the TP flight number and not the SN flight number, not quite sure if this is how this normally works with a codeshare.
(the mileageplus number is on the boarding pass)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I had a flight LIS-BRU. Flight TP612 but actually sold as SN6412.
After several weeks the miles still did not appear on my account so today I tried to file a request for credit but it was immediately denied with the following message:
  • Our records indicate that this ticket was not used or was exchanged. Please check your flight information and submit a new request if necessary.

But I did take this flight, didn't make any changes whatsoever. The only special thing was that they issued us new boarding passes as apparently because of a mechanical issue we got another plane.
Our ticket numbers weren't changed. I did notice that our boarding passes showed the TP flight number and not the SN flight number, not quite sure if this is how this normally works with a codeshare.
(the mileageplus number is on the boarding pass)
was it part of a 016 ticket? That should be easy. Send it in manually with a scan of the BP.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by dilanesp
The sentence quoted does not say that.

As I said, OP should escalate.
This! I had a TP Express flight, booked through Orbitz, last summer that was most likely the cheapest product possible, but because the fare class was valid for credit per the .bomb website I wrote in to Premier Voice and was granted PQM and RDM. You might have better success through writing over calling.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.