Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Mileplay Promotion (complete by 10 May 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United seems to have launched a new Mileplay offer today (27 February). Log in here to see your offer: https://promotions.united.com/offers/mileplay

Terms and conditions
Eligibility:

• Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.

• Promotion code: T011MA

How to participate:

Member must register for this promotion on or prior to May 10, 2020. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to May 10, 2020 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.

• Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.

{offers vary}

• Qualifying trip requirements:

1. Trip (as defined below) booking must be made after registration.

2. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to May 10, 2020.

3. Each Trip must have a fare (as defined below) equal to or greater than {offers vary}.

4. The final fare amount for the Trip will be used to determine satisfaction of offer requirements, including itinerary changes that result in an increase or decrease to the fare and paid upgrades that result in an increase to the fare.

• “Trip” is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.

• For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.

• Offer is not valid on government fares.

• Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.

• E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.

Other important information:

• This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

• Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.

• Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.

• Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on May 10, 2020.

• Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on May 10, 2020.

• If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the offer requirements are not satisfied, applicable miles will not be awarded or will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.

• All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.

• Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

• Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. See additional MileagePlus rules and conditions.
Print Wikipost

New Mileplay Promotion (complete by 10 May 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
1K 5 trips >$250 2/28-5/10 = 9700 miles. At least this goal is reasonable for me. I just can’t figure out any rhyme or reason behind the whole thing.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:25 pm

Take 3 $250 trips for 27,000 miles
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not eligible
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:58 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
1k. 2 trips >$250 within 72 days for 13000 miles.First time EVER eligible for a mileplay promotion; something is afoot.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond, Amex Plat
1k. 4 trips @ $300 for 3600. not the best. but easily achievable.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
4x @$100 for 2500 miles. Why even offer?
I got 4 flights to/from SFO at at least $175 min to qualify for 2500 miles. What a joke.

I could certainly do it - I fly SFO-SEA-SFO lots and lots - but 2500 useless miles (basically worth less than $25 to me) is not worth even thinking about.

If United wants to get me out of seat 10A or 10B, or 16E on the A220 on Delta (or I often get upgraded to F) it will take a lot more...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
My offer as a 1K was 5 trips @ $275 for 18,000 miles. Unfortunately, I have already booked 4 itineraries (each over $275) for this travel period, so they won't count in the promotion, since only itineraries booked after registration count. There's no way I will have an additional 5 itineraries on top of the 4 I've already booked, so I won't be able to benefit from this promotion.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by renebt
2 trips of $200 for 14,000 miles. I think I will make it work this time. The past few mileplay promos were not very good.

Just to give y'all some background on my flights: last trip I booked with UA was 2/14/2020 IAD-AUS one way which was booked some time in December 2019. Had no other travel plans on UA in my queue.

I'm curious for those of you who have low mile offers (i.e.: those in the 2,500 or 5k range): did you have any trips in your queue that were already made through May 10? If I were to guess what the algorithms were for United's mileplay, it's to encourage travelers to buy flights during periods that they would otherwise not buy. The so-called carrot on the stick. Well, they certainly won me over and I will make a trip out of this to chase after those award miles.
Theory doesnt apply to me. I have zero trips in queue and my offer is pathetic (4 x $250 for 3000 miles).
The funny thing is, I'm just about to start booking 6+ trips. Perhaps UA is smart enough to know that.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 x $275 trips for 2500 miles

Pretty pathetic. Given the impact coronavirus is having now and for the foreseeable future, United is going to have to come up with some stronger incentives if they want to keep the flights that haven't been cancelled full.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Seph87
Wow, if you value miles at 1.5 CPM that's $1,500 for $4000 in spend, or a return of 38%. That's gotta be one of the better offers.
4 trips @500 for 76,000 miles.

Half the spend more than half the miles. Equivalent to 2.x cpm...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
2.@ $200 for 15,000. I may have to do this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:46 pm

Wonder if they consider recent travel history.

Less united travel means better offer to woo people back?
if you already fly a decent amount per month on United, you get a weak offer or no offer.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I just flew United last week to OZ and next week am booked to Hawaii., I don’t know if recent travel has anything to do with it.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Self (Silver) 1 x $400 = 2,500 mi.
Spouse (Gen.) 1 x $500 = 18,000 mi.
Adult son (Gen.) 1 x $500 = 9,700 mi.

Self & spouse are United Club life members.
Son is Explorer Card holder.

After a family trip to Asia, our YTD:
PQF: 7
PQP: 1100+
​​​​​
Originally Posted by iapetus
me - 4 @$500 for 9200 RDM
mrs. iapetus - 4 @$400 for 2500 RDM

I wonder if part of the algorithm relates to how many RDM you've got in the bank and an estimated likelihood of one's wanting more RDM in the short term?
That seems possible. Compare my family offers above with our current Redeemable Miles (RDM).

235K RDM -- Self
76K RDM -- Spouse
126K RDM -- Adult son
Old Feb 29, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
4x$400 for 12,000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.