Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Mileplay Promotion (complete by 10 May 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United seems to have launched a new Mileplay offer today (27 February). Log in here to see your offer: https://promotions.united.com/offers/mileplay

Terms and conditions
Eligibility:

• Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.

• Promotion code: T011MA

How to participate:

Member must register for this promotion on or prior to May 10, 2020. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to May 10, 2020 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.

• Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.

{offers vary}

• Qualifying trip requirements:

1. Trip (as defined below) booking must be made after registration.

2. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to May 10, 2020.

3. Each Trip must have a fare (as defined below) equal to or greater than {offers vary}.

4. The final fare amount for the Trip will be used to determine satisfaction of offer requirements, including itinerary changes that result in an increase or decrease to the fare and paid upgrades that result in an increase to the fare.

• “Trip” is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.

• For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.

• Offer is not valid on government fares.

• Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.

• E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.

Other important information:

• This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

• Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.

• Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.

• Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on May 10, 2020.

• Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on May 10, 2020.

• If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the offer requirements are not satisfied, applicable miles will not be awarded or will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.

• All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.

• Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

• Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. See additional MileagePlus rules and conditions.
Print Wikipost

New Mileplay Promotion (complete by 10 May 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Why not? I'd suspect that it would work (assuming that the reports of the single SDC working are still correct). Has anyone tried this?
I have SDC'ed my departure flight tomorrow and then SDC'ed it back to my original flight. I'll update you guys on Friday when I land back in ORD if this works or not.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Take 4 trips to earn 2,700 bonus miles. Whatever.......
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriot Lifetime Plat
Why not? I'd suspect that it would work (assuming that the reports of the single SDC working are still correct). Has anyone tried this?
Granted I've only participated (accidentally too) in these promos, but SDC didn't seem to do anything for it.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
My Mom, with no status, received an offer to get 2,500 miles after two trips ($275+/each). My Dad, now Silver, got three trips for 2,500 miles. I was not eligible...
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BusinessCasualSport
I have SDC'ed my departure flight tomorrow and then SDC'ed it back to my original flight. I'll update you guys on Friday when I land back in ORD if this works or not.
Did you get new ticket numbers for each?
I would like to do that next week. The only earlier flight is just too early.
Please report back!
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
Please report back!
The original ticket number (United.com -> view receipt) is 0167XXXXXXXX05.

The email I received when I got a new boarding pass has an attached PDF with the ticket number 016XXXXXXXXX056.

So the new ticket number is the exact same but with an additional number at the end. Anyone know what this means? The confirmation number has remained the same.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:20 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Offered 4 at $200 each for 2500 miles. I have no interest at all in this, and the 3-4 trips I have planned will go to the competition. Still pisxxd at the change where I can't use my lifetime UA club card when not flying UA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
1 premium trip @ $650 for 26,000.

Will have to buy bigger than planned for my next short haul, since that's the only trip I haven't already purchased through the expiration.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by BusinessCasualSport
The original ticket number (United.com -> view receipt) is 0167XXXXXXXX05.

The email I received when I got a new boarding pass has an attached PDF with the ticket number 016XXXXXXXXX056.

So the new ticket number is the exact same but with an additional number at the end. Anyone know what this means? The confirmation number has remained the same.

I wish someone would answer this because it seems very unusual to me. I thought all tickets have the same amount of numbers?

Edit to add: I hunted down my old tickets from November (when I did the SDC), and the ticket numbers are complete different, but with the same amount of digits.
Maybe they changed something this year? it's very odd.

Last edited by chavala; Mar 3, 2020 at 11:16 am
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:11 am

I have a United promo where I need to fly 4 "trips" in the next 2 months for 25k bonus miles. It says each "trip" is defined as a unique travel itinerary as documented by united with a confirmation number. Does this mean I can split one roundtrip flight into two "trips" in order to hit my 4 flights faster?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:19 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by llbad
I have a United promo where I need to fly 4 "trips" in the next 2 months for 25k bonus miles. It says each "trip" is defined as a unique travel itinerary as documented by united with a confirmation number. Does this mean I can split one roundtrip flight into two "trips" in order to hit my 4 flights faster?
Yes, as long as each "trip" meets the fare minimum requirement (note the "fare" which is a number less than what you pay, as taxes are not included). I did this for the last promo.

See this thread's wiki for the full T&Cs.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2020 at 11:55 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, as long as each "trip" meets the fare minimum requirement (not the "fare" which is a number less than what you pay as taxes are not included). I did this for the last promo.

See this thread's wiki for the full T&Cs.
I didn't realize this -- I assumed it was the fare before taxes. You just saved me some money. Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I didn't realize this -- I assumed it was the fare before taxes. You just saved me some money. Thanks!
Sorry if I confused but it is the airfare without the taxes that is the metric - same as PQD/PQP.
chavala and ajGoes like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:08 pm

Please report back!
It did not work. I changed my return trip as well to get home earlier. Still 0/5
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
With the flights emptying out I tried this by doing a switch to a different flight and then back to my original for both my outbound and inbound on a domestic itinerary. The task showed as completed a day after completing the return leg so it worked out this time. Still probably a YMMV situation, but worth a short if you're able to SDC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.