Wiki Posts
Search

US to EU: 772 via BRU or 763 via ZRH?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's an efficient airport, but 15 minutes to clear immigration, take the Heidi train, and clear security is quite unlikely. And it can be quite a walk to the gate depending on where in A/B your flight is departing from.
why would you clear security in ZRH you arrive 'clean' from the US. I connect in ZRH maybe 10 times a year and never had to re-clear security or took longer than a few minutes to get to main terminal from E.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:43 pm

Transit to/from non-Schengen flight at BRU is most likely going to be a living hell unless you have an EU passport and can use the kiosks. Expect 1 hour+ just to pass through passport control, with absolutely zero sympathy/concession if you are on the cusp of missing your flight. If you do not have an EU passport, do not ever enter/leave the EU via BRU. ZRH is a very easy airport with minimal delays.
IADdelayed likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I don’t find the 763 seat much different from the 777. Slightly shorter, IME, but plenty wide. The 787 seat is a bit narrower and that can be an issue for larger pax.

After a half dozen or so flights, the 76L is really growing on me. I’m a fan.
IADdelayed likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Well it's unanimous then...ZRH it is!

Thanks to everyone for your input, as I would have apparently made a huge mistake and gone with BRU, simply because of the 772. Yikes.

Sounds like the 1:35 connection time won't be an issue. But if things go sideways, there's another LH flight leaving for FRA 1:45 later.

One more question: I am assuming ZRH has the EasyPASS gates like FRA that I can use (U.S. passport)?

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's an efficient airport, but 15 minutes to clear immigration, take the Heidi train, and clear security is quite unlikely. And it can be quite a walk to the gate depending on where in A/B your flight is departing from.
Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
I've always found ZRH transit to be fast (and you get a ride on a yodeling train). Long lines to enter Schengen area at BRU (unless you have an EU or CH passport) each time I've been there.
On a side note, I just had to Google / YouTube this 'yodeling Heidi train' since I had no idea what you guys were referring to. Good thing you mentioned it, as I would've had a serious WTH moment when I heard a cow on the train.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 26, 2020 at 10:04 am
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IADdelayed
On a side note, I just had to Google / YouTube this 'yodeling Heidi train' since I had no idea what you guys were referring to. Good thing you mentioned it, as I would've had a serious WTH moment when I heard a cow on the train.
I went into it the first time completely unprepared.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by JAaronT
I went into it the first time completely unprepared.
Imagine you must've been looking around thinking "what in the world...?"
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IADdelayed
Imagine you must've been looking around thinking "what in the world...?"
It was more fits of delirious jetlagged giggling.
IADdelayed likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.