Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2 months pay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:59 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by garykung
This is actually an incorrect concept for union/CBA, that one needs to join to be bound by CBA.

A CBA applies to every position covered by CBA. So union members or not, the union will bargain for you. But if you don't join, then the union's representation on behalf of you will be limited, such as grievance.

A non-member is treated the same as a member in many employment aspects, including but not limited to, compensation and bonuses.
Airlines are a closed shop, as regulated by the RLA (railroads and airlines,) not the NLRA. One MUST join if in a covered position. One can opt not to pay a relatively low % of the dues (you pay what goes to the national for contract administration, bargaining, and grievances, but withhold a portion used for other costs) which would prohibit you from voting on things, but would still cover you by all of the other rules of the contract, as long as the contract says such. (and UA's say such.) One can be a dues objector and you will still be covered on a grievance, as that is one of the costs you cannot withhold
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by whitethunder
LOL who gets that kind of bonus?? that's insanity

Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation is the only person who I know who gets bonus' like that haha
Many in the tech industry - billable consultants with high utilization - Wall Street or related fields - I get it many don't get that bonus but many many many do
drewguy likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:21 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by whitethunder
LOL who gets that kind of bonus?? that's insanity

Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation is the only person who I know who gets bonus' like that haha
Account managers and sales reps in addition to all the other groups mentioned often have very incentive/at risk pay beyond their base salary.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by Falconkidding
Other than the ridiculously strong pilot union driving profit sharing. Seriously good union able to get industry leading pay, DC and profit sharing at the expense of outsourcing a lot of wide body flying.
I'm probably way too biased, but I would think you would want your surgeon and your pilot to be very well paid, competent, and happy.

Good for Delta. I've been with United (Continental) since before the merger, and we have had our ups and downs, but still proud to put on my uniform and fly for the airline.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
United, just as Delta does - pays annual profit sharing bonuses to its employees.

The Delta bonus, 16.6% of annual salary - will be nice, but no doubt many on FT get annual bonuses 20%+
Mine is closer to 30%. But 16.6% is nothing to sneeze at.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
I work for a nonprofit. If the payroll check clears, I'm happy.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by trm2
Mine is closer to 30%. But 16.6% is nothing to sneeze at.
Let’s add some facts to the conversation. UA profit sharing varies by labor group of which none are anywhere remotely near Delta’s generous 16.6%.

Mine last year was 5.55% (Pilot).

Last edited by clubord; Jan 21, 2020 at 12:08 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
An answer to the original question came today in UA Q4/Full Year 2019 Results/Conference Call 22 Jan 2020

Profit sharing for 2019 was on average 45 percent higher per participating employee year-over-year.
So with that answer and the background that profit sharing for UA's unionized employees is a part of their CBA, we will close this thread

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.