Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Different information on booking between United and Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Different information on booking between United and Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Question Different information on booking between United and Air Canada

I have a ticket booked from SFO to DEL on United where all legs are on Air Canada. If I logon to united.com the information is correct, however if I use the Air Canada booking reference number and logon to aircanada.com the information is different, it shows flights a day early. I have called United multiple times but they promise everything is confirmed and fine, should I be worried?

Looks calling Air Canada is not an option as every time I have called them they announcement says we are not taking any calls.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by psarwal
I have a ticket booked from SFO to DEL on United where all legs are on Air Canada. If I logon to united.com the information is correct, however if I use the Air Canada booking reference number and logon to aircanada.com the information is different, it shows flights a day early. I have called United multiple times but they promise everything is confirmed and fine, should I be worried?

Looks calling Air Canada is not an option as every time I have called them they announcement says we are not taking any calls.
Is your flight on Feb. 29 by any chance? AC forgot to program leap year into their system, and flights on Feb. 29 were showing up a day early in many bookings for that day.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
no it is on February 1st
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
that's extremely strange. Contact AC via social media and try and sort it out. Very perplexing, were there any schedule changes?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by psarwal
Wow. I was able to get through after holding for 2 hours. And all I wanted to do was select a seat because their web portal wouldn't let me do it. Guess I was lucky
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
AC has the worst call center experience in the world (in terms of not accepting your call or making you wait hours). I loathe having to call them.

Everyone who says they will attain 1K status on United by booking elsewhere and collecting more PQP...I hope you're not doing it on AC. Or, if you are, I really hope you have zero need to call them.

-RM
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:58 pm

AC is moving/moved to Amadeus- do their pnrs get pulled up via checkmytrip.com/similar sites?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:37 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
We booked 2 business awards UA that started with an Air Canada flight. However, the Air Canada site shows us in "Economic Standard". We proceeded to select seats and the seat map displayed is the business class. so we selected 2A and 3A. Nevertheless, the "Economy Standard" continued to show on the confirmation, and there is a button inviting us to bid for upgrade. Should I be worried?

Our UA partner business class (I) award reservation says "Standard Economy" in Air Canada site, even though we are able to select business seats.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by paperwastage
AC is moving/moved to Amadeus- do their pnrs get pulled up via checkmytrip.com/similar sites?
Yes they do. Works better than AC's own website in most cases.

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
We booked a business award ticket on UA that started with an Air Canada flight. However, the Air Canada site shows us in "Economic Standard". We proceeded to select seats and the seat map displayed is the business class. so we selected 2A and 3A. Nevertheless, the "Economy Standard" continued to show on the confirmation, and there is a button inviting us to bid for upgrade. Should I be worried?

Our UA partner business class (I) award reservation says "Standard Economy" in Air Canada site, even though we are able to select business seats.
For 10+ years AC's website has never shown the correct 'fare brand' in many instances. Nothing to worry about.
RobOnLI and paperwastage like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by D582
For 10+ years AC's website has never shown the correct 'fare brand' in many instances. Nothing to worry about.
Thank you indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.