Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TLV - SFO [Consolidated Questions About UA's Service, aircraft, food, schedule, ...]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

TLV - SFO [Consolidated Questions About UA's Service, aircraft, food, schedule, ...]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
What is that in plain English?
SLS sub CO San Francisco Language Speaker base
CMS CREW management system. Basically with the switch to the 77W the sub CO Hebrew speaker base in SFO is closing as the SFO-TLV flight isn't expected to go back to sub CO before we are on a common platform by October.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by sbm12
A capacity increase timed nicely to preempt the El Al service launching on that same route in Q4.
Absolutely. I predicted that UA would do exactly that in my post about LY announcing the route.
SFO-TLV will go from 36J/183Y daily to 92J/556Y later this year with UA+LY. Guess we'll see if UA manages to scare LY off.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
SLS sub CO San Francisco Language Speaker base
CMS CREW management system. Basically with the switch to the 77W the sub CO Hebrew speaker base in SFO is closing as the SFO-TLV flight isn't expected to go back to sub CO before we are on a common platform by October.
But what is sub CO?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
But what is sub CO?
It refers to legacy Continental Airlines groups (in this case, legacy CO flight attendants).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
It refers to legacy Continental Airlines groups (in this case, legacy CO flight attendants).
Thanks; I have many fond memories of CO flights to/from TLV.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA AA and more
SFO-TLV switching to 777?

Was looking on flights for the summer and it seems that 955/954 will be operated (at least some of the days, haven't checked many) on 777 instead of the 787 that has been thus far.
Any idea why?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 21, 2018 at 2:36 pm Reason: merged into exisiting thread
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Looks like it is mix in May of 788 and 77W and goes full 77W in June. 788 comes back in October.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:55 pm

Interesting, they are still running both 777's from EWR-TLV.

I guess they need the smaller 787 for the newer routes (like IAD and SFO to ZRH) and this is the existing 787 route most in need of a capacity upgrade this summer?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat
FYI: Gary says there's tons of saver biz space on these flights.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
FYI: Gary says there's tons of saver biz space on these flights.
July has a lot of award space in both directions.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Looks like the frenzy may die . After September, looks like the aircraft goes back to 787... maybe it will be permanent, but seasonal.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:28 pm

Y Meal Questions SFO TLV

I was wondering if we get two Dinners on the SFO-TLV flight as we depart at 9 PM and arrive around 9:30 PM. On the return I imagine a Dinner and Breakfast before landing. What is the midflight snack?

I requested the Kosher Meal and I see its Regal/Borenstein for US Flights and Hamasbia from TLV. Will the meals be better than KoshAir? Anyone with experience on the KSML over the regular inedible meals in Y.

Would a Hindu meal be better or Lacto Ice Vegetarian meal? I am not religious but choose the KSML for somethimy better. I wonder if UA serves a Y/J KSML as I have had on other airlines. I wonder what the Kosher midfligt snack is.

Does UA serve Israeli Wine in Y on the flight? How are the craft beers?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Never flown UA to TLV, but IME, most carriers stock plenty of extra KSML on flights to TLV, so you are likely able to get one onboard without doing a special meal. YMMV, of course, but I’ll bet others on here can say for sure. I know AC does. I’d also bet on no pork, etc. on these flights, even on regular meals, especially ex-TLV.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:58 am

Craft beer on UA?
Old May 19, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA GS
There is no lacto-ovo vegetarian option in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.