Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TLV - SFO [Consolidated Questions About UA's Service, aircraft, food, schedule, ...]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

TLV - SFO [Consolidated Questions About UA's Service, aircraft, food, schedule, ...]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

I've been monitoring UA 954 for the past week or so (as a friend was waitlisted for an upgrade). Pleasantly surprised her upgrade using miles + $ cleared 72 hours before departure and by the time the flight departed, everybody on the upgrade list made it ^

This does not appear to be a one-off, similar pattern of most if not all upgrades clearing before departure on other days as well. Which leads me to ask: is this just seasonal or are there other factors here?

On a related note, anybody know why today (Thurs) departure is scheduled for 11:15p instead of the usual 9:15p? I noticed this a few days ago, so it doesn't look like an unplanned event.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
I think this weeks flight to and from TLV were slightly emptier due to July 4th being mid week.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Indeed. Good week for upgrades

Originally Posted by solma
I think this weeks flight to and from TLV were slightly emptier due to July 4th being mid week.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
New 777-300ER route: SFO-TLV

At least temporarily, this is operating on the 14+ hour SFO-TLV return starting late May.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by NoDestinations
At least temporarily, this is operating on the 14+ hour SFO-TLV return starting late May.
It's for the foreseeable future as the sub CO Hebrew speaker base in SLS is closing and the flight is not expected to go back to sub CO before the CMS launch in October .
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
cool. I wonder what the loads are like on sFO-TLV which by all reports has been a success.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A capacity increase timed nicely to preempt the El Al service launching on that same route in Q4.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:33 pm

Well I have a GPU put in on that route, just a week after the 77W starts flying... this is very good news, increasing the C capacity from 36 to 60! Bad news if I don’t get upgraded, 77W is the worst plane for Y.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Well I have a GPU put in on that route, just a week after the 77W starts flying... this is very good news, increasing the C capacity from 36 to 60! Bad news if I don’t get upgraded, 77W is the worst plane for Y.
Does this route flip between 788 and 789? I see tonight, it's a 789 with 48J, vs. 36J on the 788.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Bad news if I don’t get upgraded, 77W is the worst plane for Y.
Yeah, 15 hours in Y on the 77W isn't likely to be fun, but this route is already the 787 and the difference in Y isn't all that different. (17.3" v's 17")

For anyone up the front this a good news - I'm routing via EWR on SFO-TLV in a few weeks in part to get the 77W.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:40 pm

ALSO! Several dates in mid-summer August have WIDE OPEN availability. Both in I class, R class, PN class.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
It will also be operating EWR-FRA starting in the spring
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
It's for the foreseeable future as the sub CO Hebrew speaker base in SLS is closing and the flight is not expected to go back to sub CO before the CMS launch in October .
What is that in plain English?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
ALSO! Several dates in mid-summer August have WIDE OPEN availability. Both in I class, R class, PN class.
No biz class on earth is worth being in Israel in August
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
It will also be operating EWR-FRA starting in the spring
Seems like a short flight to utilize on. I know it's *A to *A hub...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.