Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchase United Club Membership with multiple credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Can I call United to purchase Club Membership and pay with multiple credit cards?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
You can send multiple gift subscriptions (wi-fi, club) to your account, and then redeem.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
You can send multiple gift subscriptions (wi-fi, club) to your account, and then redeem.
I think the OP is trying to use his airline/travel credit on multiple CC to redeem for one United Club membership.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seat38a
I think the OP is trying to use his airline/travel credit on multiple CC to redeem for one United Club membership.
Yep. But he or she is taking the risk either way as to how these purchases are coded.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
Yep. But he or she is taking the risk either way as to how these purchases are coded.
Thats for the OP to risk it or not. HE only wants to know if it can be done. (PS I know we live in a PC world but I've yet to meet a she named Jason.)
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat38a
Yep, that's what I am trying to do. But not sure United can split the payment.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:16 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I tried this a few years ago, and could not—over the phone or otherwise. Maybe things have changed, but what’s the harm in picking up the phone, calling and asking?

(Wanted the AMEX airline credit and the extra points associated with the United card).
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you fund another form of payment with both cards and then use the new one for the purchase?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
Can you fund another form of payment with both cards and then use the new one for the purchase?
To get the flight / travel credit from the credit card programs the payment needs to be to United for specific services, the Travel Bank and UA Gift cards qualified in the past for some, but they are no longer offered.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:44 am
Original Poster

For those not yet ready to take the plunge for an annual membership, United offers the ability to purchase a one-day pass. These passes, each of which are valid for one person, can be purchased for $59 at one of the United Club locations or through the United app, available on iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry. You can access United Club locations with this pass when departing on a same day flight on United or another Star Alliance carrier. If you decide to purchase an Annual United Club membership within 30 days of utilizing your one-day pass, the $59 that you have already paid for the pass can be applied towards your membership fees
Saw this on lounge buddy https://www.loungebuddy.com.au/blog/...ultimate-guide

Does this mean if I purchased a one day pass, then within 30 days I wanted to purchase annual membership, the annual fee I am paying will minus $59?

What if I have 2 unused one day passes? Annual fee minus $118?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did UA say when you called to ask this very straightforward question?
JimInOhio likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.