Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Map Search Feature on United.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
There was a thread on it a while back. As far as I can tell, it's still completely useless unless you want to fly Basic Economy.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like they are still A/B testing it. The map search doesn't always show up.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2020 at 12:24 pm Reason: cleanup after move; thanks for the link
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
United fare map - prices from your desired airport

United now has an interactive fare map (beta version) where you can enter an origin, and lowest fares appear for flexible or specific dates. I like it, and if you move the map around, fares appear throughout the world.

Ooops, just saw there is a thread on this topic (didn't see it before): New Map Search Feature on United.com

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 24, 2020 at 7:08 pm Reason: moved to existing thread
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
United now has an interactive fare map (beta version) where you can enter an origin, and lowest fares appear for flexible or specific dates. I like it, and if you move the map around, fares appear throughout the world.

Ooops, just saw there is a thread on this topic (didn't see it before): New Map Search Feature on United.com
gflights and kayak (and a few other OTAs) have similar maps

gflights is more powerful on the flexible dates part, but cant limit to a specific airline (only alliance)

https://www.google.com/travel/explore
https://www.kayak.com/explore/LAX-anywhere?list=null
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paperwastage
gflights and kayak (and a few other OTAs) have similar maps

gflights is more powerful on the flexible dates part, but cant limit to a specific airline (only alliance)

https://www.google.com/travel/explore
https://www.kayak.com/explore/LAX-anywhere?list=null
You can do it in google flights, you just need to start with the regular fare search first and then select United only, and then clear the destination field and select the More Destinations option and it will bring up a map view with just United selected.

paperwastage likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 24, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
(New?) Booking search feature shows prices on calendar

Forgive me if this is already a feature known to the masses here, but didn't seen any discussion on this yet. I literally just noticed that when you enter your search string you get a display of prices on the calendar ala google flights? It took several seconds to populate the prices so if you select dates fast and go right to search you'll never see it unless you hold the calendar open with the mouse. I'm seeing this across three computers I just logged into to test- Mac and Windows. Maybe its a beta? Tied to my account? Appears to pull only N fares. Business or First wont show.

I knew about the map search feature that recently came along but have never seen the prices pop up across the calendar. Again, please forgive me if I'm the lone clueless one out there about this..

I'd dare say this could potentially qualify as an "enhancement you'll like" if I can tailor the results via dropdown to exclude N fares, select lowest Y, refundable Y, Premium Plus or Business / First.

Last edited by gmt4; Feb 25, 2020 at 9:17 pm Reason: moved to existing thread
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Been there for months.
-RM
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Well, as I guessed, I'm literally the last to know. Carry on, nothing new to see here!

Last edited by gmt4; Feb 25, 2020 at 9:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.