Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woman Stung By Scorpion on UA Flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
......and it left the aircraft in a box.
Scorpion sues UA for being force-ably removed from flight.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Gold; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
https://www.sfbaywildlife.info/species/scorpions.htm

"It comes as a surprise to many people that Scorpions are found in the Bay area. "

(in 20+ years in the Bay Area I never saw one)
My wife spotted them during her 20 years in San Carlos, which is just an Uber ride south of the airport. Uber needs to screen critters using the app.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
"Fly on my airline," Jeff Smisek* said. "You can't fly through the air on your own, you need to fly on something, it might as well be me."

"Oh gosh," I said, "I'm not sure about this. I've seen a lot of devaluations lately. Maybe I should just book whoever is cheapest and most convenient for my times from now on?"

"Aww," said Scott. "Why don't you at least try being loyal to one carrier? If United treats you really badly, then we'll BOTH have a bad time. That wouldn't be good for you or us, we wouldn't do that."

Halfway through the trip they introduced dynamic pricing on awards, added a 3500 mile surcharge for all members for short-notice bookings, and removed all confirmable PZ space, replacing it with twice-as-expensive skip-the-waitlist space only.

"Jeff*!!!!" I said. "Why did you do this? Now we're both going to sink!"

"I can't help it," he said. "It's in my nature."

* replace with your favorite CEO etc
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Considering it was in the leg of her pants, she probably brought it on board herself.

Scorpions creep me the hell out.

Evidently these California forest scorpions do have a painful sting, though not fatal.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Maybe United is putting them under all the seats assigned to people on BE fares? One way to get the pax to upgrade to main cabin.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Considering it was in the leg of her pants, she probably brought it on board herself.

Scorpions creep me the hell out.
Me too! I only saw one once— monster sized in my garage when I lived in NM.
I ran away. As far as I know it’s still there.
The thought of it riding around on the leg of my pants is almost more than I can take. And worse, it was probably hiding INSIDE her pants. Maximum Heebie Jeebies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.