Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PP Pricing AKL-SFO-LHR more than Polaris. - why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PP Pricing AKL-SFO-LHR more than Polaris. - why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I just bought a BOS<>LHR PP ticket in R ($1300) for less than the "flexible" Y fare and only a few hundred more than the best Y fare. Each way had PN so I was able to upgrade the round-trip using 60 expiring PPs to Polaris. Enjoy the moment when you can find these!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Two things:

1. Last year I was able to fly CDG-SFO-SYD-SFO-IAD-CDG cheaper than two separate flights. It happened that I was in CDG for the departure date and ended up making the most of my return to CDG before coming back to the USA.
2. Twice last year I was able to purchase a P fare for less than an R fare. Similar for a fare this year except for the change fee.

Of course after the end of January (2020) EU locations such as CDG and FRA may no longer be a sweet spot that they used to be. I have fares to LHR this year have been significantly lower than the past couple of years.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FU24
What may not be appreciated by those who are not ANZACs is that Australia and NZ still have huge ties to UK and Europe and the amount of thru traffic via either US or Asia is considerable.
Why fly United ? BIS and upgrades [Plus Points}.If you cannot get a thru fare it makes it very difficult to upgrade.
Yeah, it's not forgetting that it's a flight corridor but rather UA forgetting that anyone with neither US origin nor US destination would consider flying United

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.