Wiki Posts
Search

Award itinerary change en route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Award itinerary change en route

Hello. I am currently on a saver award which includes travel on TK.
I need to change the return date by 2 weeks and possibly routing with same departure and arrival airports. Presuming I can find saver space on my preferred new return date, is this possible as a 1K? UA has a Turkish sales agent here in Istanbul. Should I approach them or try to do this by phone with 1K desk? Otherwise, how do I contact UA from here? My original return flight date is 27 November in 3 days. Might I have any luck with this? Lastly, I could try to book a new award if space is available and hopefully try to cancel the return portion of the original award ticket. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cagcag
Hello. I am currently on a saver award which includes travel on TK.
I need to change the return date by 2 weeks and possibly routing with same departure and arrival airports. Presuming I can find saver space on my preferred new return date, is this possible as a 1K? UA has a Turkish sales agent here in Istanbul. Should I approach them or try to do this by phone with 1K desk? ...
Only UA can make the change

how do I contact UA from here? ....
UA provides 1Ks will a list of toll free numbers -- you can email UA and request the list if you don't have it. You can Skype or Google Voice or other VOIP service. You can try to handle this by email or twitter. Or depending on your cellular service, you can just dial an non-800 UA number (service fees may apply)

Or try the regular UA Turkey phone 0212-334-2920

You can have someone in the USA call and make the change.

... Might I have any luck with this? ...
It is all about award space availability.

... I could try to book a new award if space is available and hopefully try to cancel the return portion of the original award ticket. ...
You can not refund an unused portion of an award ticket if it has been partially used.
cagcag likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

As a 1K what charges, if any, to rebook aside from tax differential?Thanks as always for your prompt and very informative response
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As a 1K what charges, if any, to rebook aside from tax differential?
None.

But you need award availability. There could be a miles differential due to UA's recent program changes.
cagcag likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
There could be a miles differential due to UA's recent program changes.
I agree. I think the differential (given that you are booking at the same award level) is 3,500 additional miles. United seems to be charging this for close-in bookings as opposed to the close-in booking fee.
cagcag likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoDestinations
I agree. I think the differential (given that you are booking at the same award level) is 3,500 additional miles. United seems to be charging this for close-in bookings as opposed to the close-in booking fee.
Yes in fact the differential is 3500 miles plus tax differences. If I am looking at a one way award, will this give me availability for the new return flight I am looking at?
Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Yes, assuming you search for the entire one way journey you want and have.
cagcag likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.