Search

United business or AC premium rouge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:54 am
Original Poster

United business or AC premium rouge

I have a trip from LIR and can take AC premium rouge or

united business (LIR-ORD) on a 737-800

what can I expect from business class on this united flight - it’s about 5 hours and 10 mins I believe

anyone that’s flown both is one better than the other?

thanks
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:06 am

There's very little difference between them. I'd choose based on price and flight times.

If you take Rouge, make sure you have a reasonable connection time in YYZ. AC and Rouge are not noted for operating on time, especially in the winter. I wouldn't be comfortable with anything less than 2 hours.

Last edited by StuMcIlwain; Nov 9, 2019 at 8:17 am
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
In the winter, AC's on time performance runs at 40-50%. Do you have time to deal with missed connections?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by WGretzky
I have a trip from LIR and can take AC premium rouge or

united business (LIR-ORD) on a 737-800

what can I expect from business class on this united flight - it’s about 5 hours and 10 mins I believe

anyone that’s flown both is one better than the other?

thanks
Do you happen to have frequent flyer status with UA? And when are you travelling to LIR? If it's in the new year and you are aiming for Premier status with UA, then AC is the obvious option since AC Premium Rogue books as a P fare which will earn far more PQP than the couple of points you'll get flying UA metal.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Do you happen to have frequent flyer status with UA? And when are you travelling to LIR? If it's in the new year and you are aiming for Premier status with UA, then AC is the obvious option since AC Premium Rogue books as a P fare which will earn far more PQP than the couple of points you'll get flying UA metal.
Why backtrack when there is a direct flight from ORD. Also, the flight from YYZ takes off just after 7am, so one would have to overnight there = additional costs.

More, the flight distance isn't that long, so the earning potential is rather limited even if that's the main motivation, which I'd assume is not of OP's. ORD-YYZ-LIR-YYZ-ORD is just under 5,500 miles, so roughly 2,200 PQP. The going price is about $2K, so not a great deal for all of the inconvenience.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Since the OP also started Premium Rouge vs United Business - best of the worst? in the AC forum, will closed this duplicated thread

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.