Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to cancel hotel booking on United Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to cancel hotel booking on United Website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: United; Delta, Korean Air
Angry How to cancel hotel booking on United Website

I accidentally booked a hotel on United website. I tried to cancel within seconds, but was unsuccessful. I made multiple calls to hotel, United Customer Care, Website support (radial button to cancel was not an option - "website down"), Chase to cancel. No one could help me, because they couldn't see reservation. However, hotel did assure me that my card was not charged. Chase United Explorer would not reverse charges. What or who could I have called - should I encounter this situation again?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by nctaitingfong
I accidentally booked a hotel on United website. I tried to cancel within seconds, but was unsuccessful. I made multiple calls to hotel, United Customer Care, Website support (radial button to cancel was not an option - "website down"), Chase to cancel. No one could help me, because they couldn't see reservation. However, hotel did assure me that my card was not charged. Chase United Explorer would not reverse charges. What or who could I have called - should I encounter this situation again?
does the reservation allow for cancellation?

looks like United is using TRAVELSCAPE/VACATIONSPOT (both expedia owned) as the actual OTA. (check the Terms&Conditions on the website)

typically for OTA bookings, hotel wont see your reservation until the night-before/day-off, and wont know your credit card (hotel gets a temporary OTA credit card)

call united or the OTA directly. dont bother calling hotel, or chase (unless you really want to chargeback, not something i recommend in this situation)

and next time, understand why booking (hotels, airlines, cars) thru OTAs can be a headache. book direct if you want to avoid some of the headaches (can still have issues booking direct)

(terms and condition)
You can cancel your Reservation either online when signed into your account with our affiliate, or by calling its or our (as the case may be) customer service agents.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @nctaitingfong.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to our UA forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.