Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How many lifetime miles do you have and how long did it take?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many lifetime miles do you have and how long did it take?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just over 1 million EQM in 33 years of flying CO and UA. It's been a good run but I find less reason to gravitate to UA flights since the CPUs (and cheap TOD upgrades) disappeared for all but GS. The only real incentive to fly UA is free E+ at time of booking and I don't expect that to last forever.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
UA 3+MM in 32 years.

Am I aiming for UA 4MM? Heck no! Most of my flying now is on DL. If I had continued to give UA business, then yes, I would be very close to 4MM right now. I would have also lost my mind! But as UA 4MM is not a goal for me, I have no regrets. I am very very happy with DL.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Only 244k in 8 years.

A lot of segments on LH I see over the years.

So not going to come close to MM any time soon.

And with the loophole with PQPs which yield much more on long-haul P fares on *A flights rather than UA flights proper, the incentive is to fly *A partner metal, not UA metal.

That is if I keep trying to qualify for status on MP.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:14 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
1.81MM since joining in 1984. Hit lifetime 1MM in late 2003. Traveled very heavily through the 2007 year, then a job change crashed my earning rates (sometimes during this period I would also BIS 25K-50K annually on another carrier, Delta or AA).

Hard to predict when I will hit 2MM. This current year I am at 76K PQM, which is by far my highest level since the end of 2007.

Tend to focus much more on convenience and to some extent - price these days. Have about 22K on AA, and 12K on WN YTD. Those non-UA miles were generally due to preference to fly non-stop. Fairly often I fly between LAX and ATL, and the stress/time drain of connecting in IAH or DEN, pushes me to a non-stop carrier. Most of these trips a UA connection would have been marginally less expensive.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
970K, since 2003, though the majority has been since 2011.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
3.2 million over 30 years
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: UAMP Global Services, AA Platinum
4.4 million, 30 years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.