Toddler socks in the new amenity kit

Old Apr 26, 19, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Toddler socks in the new amenity kit

Just got off SYD-SFO and there was a new amenity kit with Sunday Riley products instead of Chowshed.

The socks are absolutely tiny. I could barley get them on my feet. I wear a US menís 12 and my wife is a US womenís 9 and neither of us could fit into them.

Anyone ran across this problem?

Old Apr 26, 19, 8:50 am

Are you wearing another sock underneath the amenity kit sock? That may have something to do with it being too small...
cur, SAPriorityTag, smc333 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 8:51 am

Bro your feet are already on the large side and you're wearing the socks over your socks?
Old Apr 26, 19, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FL390 View Post

Anyone ran across this problem?

Only time I've had that problem was when I wore multiple layer of socks. Bare foot inserted into sock is the way to win at this.

Fancy Polaris diamond grips on the bottom..
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
I quickly glanced at the thread title and then at the pictures, ...mistakenly thought the "Polaris Stars" were actually holes...and figured OP was complaining that someone had left their toddler's used, holey socks in the OP's amenity kit.

Need more coffee...

Last edited by narvik; Apr 26, 19 at 1:38 pm
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Theyíre cheap hand puppets, not socks. Problem solved.
AugustusM likes this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bman1002 View Post
Are you wearing another sock underneath the amenity kit sock? That may have something to do with it being too small...
Iíve always done that without any issues including my flight out last week. These new socks are seriously tiny.
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:18 am

My problem has been the slippers. I wear a mens size 10 and the slippers they had on my seat barely fit. Do they have different sizes you can ask for? When I was in Polaris last month, I didn't bother to ask as I didn't try the slippers out until a few hours into the flight and it felt too late by then.
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr View Post
My problem has been the slippers. I wear a mens size 10 and the slippers they had on my seat barely fit. Do they have different sizes you can ask for? When I was in Polaris last month, I didn't bother to ask as I didn't try the slippers out until a few hours into the flight and it felt too late by then.
I have a closet full of Polaris slippers, and I could swear that the current pair I'm using is bigger than the previous pairs I wore out.
Old Apr 26, 19, 9:28 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I personally do not wear the UA socks over my socks and always travel with an extra pair of UA socks as they often end up wet (or worse after walking in goodness knows what).

If OP and wife of OP usually wear their UA socks over their regular socks then I am concerned about sizing and will be sure to take two additional pairs of UA socks (I take them home and wash them as they are good in winter to wear on my wood floors due to the grips underneath).

Hope UA looks at the sizing as socks need to be comfortable not tight.
Old Apr 26, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: American Airlines ExecPlat, Asiana Diamond, Delta Platinum
Bring another pair of socks with you. Then you can wear your original socks, then the tiny socks and then another pair over those to cover up how small they are.
Old Apr 26, 19, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Hilton Gold, United 1K, Delta Platinum Medallion
I just flew from Melbourne and had the exact same problem. I wear size 12 and they did no fit. Even if I put on another pair of socks underneath them they were SO SO tight. Cost savings to use less material maybe
Old Apr 26, 19, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by chgodrew View Post
I just flew from Melbourne and had the exact same problem. I wear size 12 and they did no fit. Even if I put on another pair of socks underneath them they were SO SO tight. Cost savings to use less material maybe
Gave up as Iím size 12 as well - will remove my regular socks next time to see if they might fit like Ďhand in glove.í
Old Apr 26, 19, 11:02 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Rukes View Post
Bring another pair of socks with you. Then you can wear your original socks, then the tiny socks and then another pair over those to cover up how small they are.
but if they were the tiniest shouldn't they go on first?

and we don't want to get the main sock dirty so, so i think it should go: polaris sock first then the main sock then the extra pair of socks.
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Plat, Honors Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Wyndham Plat, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Could it be that these are just intended to be ankle socks? I don't think I've ever worn the socks in my amenity kits so I wouldn't know what the old ones look like.
atword likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: