Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How old is the oldest active-duty United flight attendant?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How old is the oldest active-duty United flight attendant?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
Staying on the theme of service longevity and not wishing to take thread off track I am amazed in general at the service longevity of US flight attendants.
A few days ago I had a conversation with a good friend who is a Euro based trans con purser. We were talking about the possibility of cuts that have been
in the news in September , she felt it was going to be ok as she is in the 7200's out of approx 25000 UA FA's .....and she has 30 years ! so around 30% have
30 or more years (apologies for all the 30's) which surprised me given how many have left the industry for different reasons in the past 10/12 years.
So the average age of the FA's on the newer, smaller, leaner UA will significantly increase!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by Dyce
So the average age of the FA's on the newer, smaller, leaner UA will significantly increase!
Quite possibly, but who knows given this Covid thing maybe has one or two more cycles to run before medicine wraps its arms around it in terms of therapies and a vaccine it might encourage those who are in the higher risk age groups to think about calling it time.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by trust77
That's amazing and to see she overcame the trauma of that experience and carried on all these years - she deserves a round of applause. Is she still flying? I have not had the opportunity of flying with her (yet).
She retired last year.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by clubord
She retired last year.
I'm glad she was able to go out on top. Over the coming year, there will be a lot of unrecognized retirements as people simply don't return to their jobs -- due to age, due to health, and due to cuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.