Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United versus NJTransit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Eadward
NJ transit blows and would never take it from EWR into Manhattan. Heathrow Express is a quite expedient trip to Paddington. Narita Express is also a decent option if nearby the end point.
​​​​​​
why buy Heathrow express when you can just ride the same train with a couple more stops (tfl rail, aka Elizabeth line) for about the price of your daily limit on an oyster card?

and friends don't let friends take the Narita express... They send them to the skyliner... It's much faster for connections within the yamanote line for significantly less cost. And has much faster queues (so you don't miss a train while in line) and 20 minutes between train instead of 30.
findark likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
I usually just take an Uber or Lyft to Hoboken and get the path train from there. Not much more expensive than NJ Transit and my final destination is usually the west village.

Pro-tip: if you have star alliance gold, you can pay for a coach seat on the Heathrow Express and sit in a first class seat. Just show your card through the app. Pretty cool.
iluv2fly, azfanboy and SFOdelayed like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Let me guess. Through Parsipanny?
No, Princeton.

Originally Posted by sfosyd
I usually just take an Uber or Lyft to Hoboken and get the path train from there. Not much more expensive than NJ Transit and my final destination is usually the west village.

Pro-tip: if you have star alliance gold, you can pay for a coach seat on the Heathrow Express and sit in a first class seat. Just show your card through the app. Pretty cool.
That's a great pro-tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.