Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Any irrops or schedule changes, some have reported that can delay posting a day or two?
No irrops/schedule changes. Only abnormality (for me) is last minute/same-day ticket purchase; usually I purchase fares days/weeks in advance.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
...Only abnormality (for me) is last minute/same-day ticket purchase;....
That's another case for delayed mileage posting. Seems something is done in advance to lead to the speedy posting and if you aren't on that early list, your mileage posting is delayed
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Flew SFO-ICN-PVG a week ago. Miles posted before landing in ICN.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No irrops/schedule changes. Only abnormality (for me) is last minute/same-day ticket purchase; usually I purchase fares days/weeks in advance.
That's another case for delayed mileage posting. Seems something is done in advance to lead to the speedy posting and if you aren't on that early list, your mileage posting is delayed
Tangentially related: in December I had a SDC flight (i.e. new ticket issued within 24h of flight) post on arrival, which was surprising to me. As noted already, those usually took a couple days to post.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Flew SFO-ICN-PVG a week ago. Miles posted before landing in ICN.
Another week of quarantine in Shanghai?
I admire you for visiting China. Purchasing an airplane ticket was the easiest part of the travel. The rest is so complicated. 😂
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Update: now posted 24 hours+ following flight arrival.

Interestingly, SFO to EWR is now 2,566 miles (was 2,565 for the longest time).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Update: now posted 24 hours+ following flight arrival.

Interestingly, SFO to EWR is now 2,566 miles (was 2,565 for the longest time).
Yep, if you miss the cutoff for the pre-processed batch (whatever it happens to be) you revert to the 'standard' posting interval of 24-72 (but usually ~48) hours after arrival.

Some recent IROPS, though, have started to make me believe that the cutoff is much later than I would have assumed -- possibly at some point same day. Or, alternative theory, same origin-destination doesn't throw the pre-processed balance. For example, had a 3 PM out of DCA that got CXLed and autorebooked ("severe weather"; my first indication that the flight had canceled was a text and email from UA that I had been rebooked) to a 2 PM at ~8pm local the night before. Miles posted on touchdown in EWR. Similarly I had MX force a misconnect in EWR and because I saw the writing on the wall I had the CLE UC just move me to the later connection ~T-4 hours and those miles posted as expected... but more significant changes have taken longer.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Both my LAS-LAX and LAX-HNL were posted before landing today.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:03 pm

Bumping this old thread. I have travel IAD-FRA-CDG, with IAD-FRA in Polaris and FRA-CDG in LH Econ. Given the departure from FRA is econ, my understanding is I will not have lounge access in FRA. (Right?)

However, the IAD-FRA leg will put me from silver to gold, and thus *G, which would make me eligible. Anyone have any experience with the time required to get *G status once hitting Gold, and the time for partner airline systems to catch up once that happens? We have a 5 hour layover and would really like to be able to shower while we're there. Looks like LH is not selling access to lounges per the LH website.

Edit: we arrive at 12:10 local, so probably too late to use the welcome lounge (which stops access at 12:30)
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prometa
Bumping this old thread. I have travel IAD-FRA-CDG, with IAD-FRA in Polaris and FRA-CDG in LH Econ. Given the departure from FRA is econ, my understanding is I will not have lounge access in FRA. (Right?)

However, the IAD-FRA leg will put me from silver to gold, and thus *G, which would make me eligible. Anyone have any experience with the time required to get *G status once hitting Gold, and the time for partner airline systems to catch up once that happens? We have a 5 hour layover and would really like to be able to shower while we're there. Looks like LH is not selling access to lounges per the LH website.

Edit: we arrive at 12:10 local, so probably too late to use the welcome lounge (which stops access at 12:30)
forget about it.

even if the UA systems were to recognize the change immediately (which they won’t - it’ll take a couple of days at least), LH surely isn’t going to be updated, and of all the alliance carriers, LH is probably the least likely to bend any rules - they are quite strict.

I’m sure that’s not the answer you were hoping for, so sorry.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: United Plat
First delayed posting since 2019 due to IRROP.

Ticketed as SFO-EWR-LHR with 2.5 hours connection time in EWR. SFO-EWR was scheduled to leave at 12pm and arrive at 8:20pm to connect 11pm LHR flight.

At 5am SF time, I noticed that the incoming flight would not arrive until 12:30pm, which made 12pm on-time departure impossible. Called United. Since the 12pm flight still showed on-time, nothing the agent could do unless I paid the price difference. (Unable to SDC at that time due to unavailable fare class.)

At 8am SF time, SFO-EWR was delayed to 1:30pm departure. I was able to SDC to 10:45am SFO-EWR flight. Thirty minutes later, I decided to SDC back to my original flight by thinking one-hour connection time in EWR would be fine.

At 10am SF time, United recognized the risky connection. On United App I was offered to refund or rebook to any flight without charges. I picked up the last non-stop that day leaving SFO at 7:50pm.

Once the plane landed in LHR at 2pm local time, no mileage was posted until 8am next morning (18 hours later), which was about 2am Chicago time.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by prometa

UA is pretty quick with posting their PQPs, but not LH. Keep refreshing your MP card in the app and hope it switches to Gold while you’re waiting for your CDG flight. Hopefully it’ll switch while you’re in FRA in which case you’ll have access to the LH Senator Lounge. Fingers crossed.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Data point: hours after arriving into LAX from EWR, no posting. Flight purchased weeks ago, no SDC or any other changes. Not worried. Will deal with UA if not posted after 48 hours.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two transcon flights in two days, and still no postings.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Two transcon flights in two days, and still no postings.
Wonder if UA's relying on FAA's servers...

David
Repooc17 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.