Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Flight morning 9 June 2019 from ATL ... help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight morning 9 June 2019 from ATL ... help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by enviroian
Love hearing good outcomes to these stories. Kudos to the folks offering solid advice.

Enjoy your trip OP!
+1. This type of story is why I love FT. People with incredible insight wanting to help others.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Better news is that OP's flight arrived at the gate at IAD 4 minutes early.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Often1
Better news is that OP's flight arrived at the gate at IAD 4 minutes early.
And by now the PEK flight has departed 2 minutes early. I trust all is fine with the OP.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
And by now the PEK flight has departed 2 minutes early. I trust all is fine with the OP.
I'm sure he'd let us know, but the United WiFi probably isn't working.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu

There is an Air China flight leaving at 4:05 pm if OP misses the UA IAD-PEK flight. The leg room is slightly greater on the CA flight. Good luck.
This. I'm surprised that no one brought up this possibility yet. The CA flight will work just fine.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by xliioper
Generally speaking, international flights (except Canada) allow for layovers of up to 24 hours on a fare. Domestic and Canada flights typically only allow for layovers of up to 4 hours on a fare. If it's longer than that, it creates a fare break and you need to purchase a separate fare for each segment.
In case of IRROP and misconnections, the 24 hour rule goes out of the window. The carrier is now responsible to get you to your final destination however it can. If the passenger voluntarily requests a SDC, then the SDC fees apply. However, if the departing flight has posted a delay where the connection would be impossible (i.e., < minimum connection time or after the connecting flight departure), then it would be wise to work with origination station agent or phone agent to arrange for alternate travel route. Nonetheless, this cannot be done over the phone until the flight has posted a delay.

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE

I think they blew it today - lots of 8+ hour delays and cancels. Know quite a few people that gave up trying to get home or couldn’t get out.

Now by no means is UA perfect, but when the forecast has showed a 100% chance of thunderstorms for a few days now, DL and others could have been a bit more proactive.
I happened to be visiting the DL NOC at the time when all these thunderstorms were happening at ATL. There were multiple station closures in the south, and numbers on the board were terrible. But it's not anything that they could have remedied since the situation is literally changing by the minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.