Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will I need to upload my China Visa again during OCL for second trip to China?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

Traveled to China on UA last year; during OCL in the app it asked me to take a photo of my China visa. I was out at the time but close to home so I went back home, restarted my check-in, and took a picture of the visa. (Luckily I had my travel partner's passport at my house at the time as well.)

Traveling to China again on UA, on the same passport and same non-expired visa. During my OCL for this trip, will I have to take a picture of the visa again, or has this info been stored, like my passport? If so I'll need to bring our passports to work with me so I'll be ready at T-24.

(I realize that not being able to OCL isn't the end of the world, but I do appreciate some of the SDC opportunities that pop up sometimes, so it's definitely an advantage.)

Thank you!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by LASNRT
Traveled to China on UA last year; during OCL in the app it asked me to take a photo of my China visa. I was out at the time but close to home so I went back home, restarted my check-in, and took a picture of the visa. (Luckily I had my travel partner's passport at my house at the time as well.)

Traveling to China again on UA, on the same passport and same non-expired visa. During my OCL for this trip, will I have to take a picture of the visa again, or has this info been stored, like my passport? If so I'll need to bring our passports to work with me so I'll be ready at T-24.

(I realize that not being able to OCL isn't the end of the world, but I do appreciate some of the SDC opportunities that pop up sometimes, so it's definitely an advantage.)

Thank you!
It should be saved from your previous trip, if you saved it. Upon paper BP printing, bag drop, and/or at the gate they will still verify you have your passport and a valid visa. But the app should have the info stored.
LASNRT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.