Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United changed my paid for E+seat 2 days before flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United changed my paid for E+seat 2 days before flight

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Seems a bit extreme, no?! I understand for these long-haul flights having a comfortable seat is important, especially if you plan on getting rest but is it worth throwing your travel plans out the window for it?
I’ve never had to throw my travel plans out of the window because of a middle seat assignment. I plan ahead and in the likely case of a last minute MX cancellation, I’ve always been able to find a flight with an aisle or window seat available.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Generally E+ refunds happen after the flight but this one may occur before -- but allow 3-5 days before you see it on your card if this is for a purchase that has already posted on your card.
the auto E+ refunds happen after the flight (ie, paid for E+ but due to circumstances beyond customer control, like IRROPS, aircraft change, canceled flight, etc.), customer sits in regular economy seat. In instances where it is manually credited by agent, which appears to be the case here, the refund should be processed relatively immediately by UA, and show as a transaction online for the card within about a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.