Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random Cert Prize Giveaway at LAX (-OGG)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Random Cert Prize Giveaway at LAX (-OGG)

Yesterday, I had some interesting (positive) experiences on LAX-OGG. First, gate agent and supervisor played hawaiian music in the gate area on a Bluetooth speaker and handed out leis to all the gate agents. Nice touch.

Then after boarding, the supervisor came on board and grabbed the mic and made a comment about United appreciating everyone’s business, and to show appreciation, they randomly selected four pax at boarding to receive certs ranging from $50-100. He then called out the names and then handed them out. In all my flying over the last several years, never experienced that. Has anyone else?

There was also a pax they pulled from first, I’m assuming because he hit a milestone. They took him on to the jetway to take his picture and handed him a gift bag and he was on his way.

Overall some positive experiences that probably go a long way for some.

Mods move elsewhere if appropriate.
narvik and Repooc17 like this.

Last edited by laangelsfan; May 2, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old May 31, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I was flying on May 29 LAX-HNL. At the gate they had a Hawaii background for selfies, and a "spin the wheel" for a prize set up. Just prior to boarding my name was paged and after freaking out that I lost my seat or was downgraded, the gate agent invited me to spin the wheel for a prize. I won a $100 travel certificate. Today I received an email from United Customer Care, with a $200 travel certificate. Typical United: the email started with, "We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent trip with United."

I'm not complaining, but I won the $100 certificate and they gave me a $200 certificate. I don't know if I got more because I am a 1K or the gate agent was being nice. Nevertheless it was a nice unexpected surprise. I do not think they called any other passengers for the spin.
onthesam likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
I was flying on May 29 LAX-HNL. At the gate they had a Hawaii background for selfies, and a "spin the wheel" for a prize set up. Just prior to boarding my name was paged and after freaking out that I lost my seat or was downgraded, the gate agent invited me to spin the wheel for a prize. I won a $100 travel certificate. Today I received an email from United Customer Care, with a $200 travel certificate. Typical United: the email started with, "We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent trip with United."

I'm not complaining, but I won the $100 certificate and they gave me a $200 certificate. I don't know if I got more because I am a 1K or the gate agent was being nice. Nevertheless it was a nice unexpected surprise. I do not think they called any other passengers for the spin.
Thanks for posting this!!

This now explains the mystery wheel I saw a supervisor carrying through the terminal at LAX 2 weekends ago. I couldn't get a photo fast enough... . The wheel was being stored in an office next to gate 70B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.