Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA award booking questions / issues / experiences for Air India (AI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA award booking questions / issues / experiences for Air India (AI)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Air India flights not showing up on UA MP {resolved?}

Just few weeks ago United.com was showing a lot of availability Between IAD-AMD in AI but now it does not show any availability regardless of date. Is there anything changed between UAL and Airindia
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Are you looking for award space, or to buy a ticket with $?

If for an award, space is going to be determined only by AI and what they want to offer. So most likely, either the award space got booked up by others, or Air India looked at the flight, and reduced the availability (as all airlines do - they change what they offer based on loads and how they think they can best maximize the flight). It's possible the space may become available again - or it might not - it would be pretty hard to say. It's possible it could be a UA bug as well, but likely what I have mentioned above.

If its revenue...well, the UA search engine is a bit screwy...I've done revenue searches on one day vs. another, and got completely different options (where I know flights aren't showing up, but also aren't sold out). You can try searching via multi-city with the layover points (i.e. IAD-DEL-AMD...or whatever it is) to see if it shows up that way? That's sometimes what i have to do to get certain flights to show up that stubbornly won't show up in a regular search.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:02 pm

Some glitch.

Nothing from AI is showing right now.

Doubt AI has exited the partner award game - not even space on short domestic hops showing.

More likely some sort of glitch.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Hopefully it's a temporary glitch.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Air India flights not showing up on UA MP

I tried to book a flight from US to India and none of the AI flights are now showing. Just two weeks I booked a flight with AI and ANA and UA flights on the itinerary. Now even for flights 4 to 5 months out, no AI flights showing up. Is it glitch in MIleagePlus or with Air India's system.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:24 pm

Air India flying returns was hacked last week. see http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/o.../52964946.cms?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I was able to book AI reward travel by calling United. But still cannot book through the website. Must be something related to the hacking.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:58 pm

AI flights are bookable through partners so might not be related to the hacking.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:59 pm

I see availability on many Air India flights, both domestic and international, when I check on the Aero Plan (Air Canada) website -- but none, on the same days, when I check the UA website.
So it does not appear to be a Air India problem, but a UA problem.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:21 am

I am looking to make a reservation (SFO to DEL) using UA miles and the only reasonable options are TK and NH. The AI non-stop from SFO-DEL would've been awesome but I just can't seem to find availability. And agreed with the OP, *no* AI routes are showing up.

I also checked on ANA's award booking system and can't find AI flights there either. What gives? Is AI out of *A award booking databases for now?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
It seems that AI inventory is out of Starnet for the moment. I can't get any AI flights to show up on UA/AC/NH/CM, even within the domestic network or on fifth-freedom routes which are usually pretty reliable for award space.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:26 am

I can see award seats on AI flights when searching on Aeroplan -- both domestic within India, and international (e.g., DEL-LHR or DEL-SFO direct).
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
has this issue been resolved? I need to book a trip soon and can't see any flights offered by AI via the United website.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by Halo117
has this issue been resolved? I need to book a trip soon and can't see any flights offered by AI via the United website.
I am seeing AI availability (EWR-LHR) for reward redemption on the UA MP website, but it is pretty far out (June 2017) not sure about closer in.

SL
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Halo117
Appears to be resolved. I was able to book award travel on AI for BOM-DEL in Nov16 a few weeks ago, and just checked now and it is still showing up in the search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.