Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New (for me) call-back service on 1k phone line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP

I just had a number of new (for me) experiences with a call to the 1K phone line.
  • First it failed to recognize my phone number and asked for me to type in my MP number (but not zip code). This despite the fact that it new my phone number when asking whether I wanted to be randomly selected for the survey after the call
  • Second there was new blend of music and that electronic beeping noise while it processed my data
  • Third and most striking was the fact that they reported a 5-11 min wait and offered the chance to "keep my place in line by providing a number they could call me back on" (again recognizing my phone number without prompt).

Anyone else have this or did I inadvertently get to a non-1K line?

thanks in advance
Lurker
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

So the call back came in as promised (inside the promised 5-11 mins). Without my prompting, once the agent discovered my 1K status, she was surprised and expressed concern that I had been put on a cal back list. I explained that I too had never had that happen and almost apologetically she explained I had somehow got through to general reservations.
She was helpful and solved my issues.

But wierd.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I called the 1K line earlier today and my call routed appropriately without any of the above happening. Just a glitch or possibly your phone number wasn't recognized for the one call. Try to call the 1K line back and see if it recognizes you. If not, I'd ask the agent to remove your phone number from your profile and re-add it. Then try again (might have to wait 24 hours for this).

-RM
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks Rob,

As you suggested, I called back a couple of times yesterday and it went as normal. Reported it in that survey they do after some calls to the 1K line.

Seems like a glitch as you say.
Lurker
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
wow yeah thats weird I have called a bunch of times over the past few days and had no issues, gotta be some glitch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.