Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX (Swiss) Phantom Award Space

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Saw LX awards availabilities from SIN to GVA, but could not ticket online.

Called GS agent and went though an hour on the phone without success.

Awards continue to show on United.com.

frustrating indeed!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
People's experiences seem to be all over the place. I had booked two tickets LAX-LYS in business about 315 days out on Austrian. About 60 days later I saw the same route on LX with a much better connection (2 hours in ZRH versus 5 in VIE), and called UA to change it. I couldn't do anything online myself, due to an open jaw return from Spain on OS.

Agent put me on hold, and in ten minutes the change was made. I thought there would be a charge for the routing variance (I'm lifetime Gold), but the agent didn't say a word. As soon as I got off the phone I used Lufthansa's site to see the reservation, and made adjustments to my seating.

I've checked the RSVP on the LH site about every three weeks since, and haven't seen any sign of problems.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Tell me again how the new res system is better????

I'm holding two J awards WAW-DUB-US on Aer Lingus. Intro-Europe is in Y.

I just saw that two LX F awards have opened. I called UA to change. The agent, very nice, has been working over 1/2 hour to process this. The new system can't read how to change one award to another (because there was a coach segment - at least that's the explanation).

Her screen doesn't tell her in the new award what cabin the flights will be in (though online it does).

So I'm in limbo on hold.

If I had the miles, I would just cancel the old and purchase the new. We may end up doing that in the end, and asking MP to push through the mileage refund.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Unless there's been another LX error, you can't book LX F awards using UA miles. Nor any other way unless you're an LH SEN or HON.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Unless there's been another LX error, you can't book LX F awards using UA miles. Nor any other way unless you're an LH SEN or HON.
Maybe that's the issue. The flights are showing wide open online.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There have been a ton of problems with phantom LX award inventory the last few weeks.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
There have been a ton of problems with phantom LX award inventory the last few weeks.
One hour on hold now. But they aren't investigating the phantom issue. They are trying to figure out how to calculate the miles. It's insane. And I fear that the call will end with them saying, "We figured it out, but the seats actually aren't available to begin with."

While on hold, I am trying to make award reservations in C for LX flights on adjacent days. Even though the seats show as available, I get an error when trying to process.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
The flights are showing wide open online.
The fact that this hasn't hit the blogs suggests no one is able to actually book them.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1.5 hours now.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
To answer your question, no one is going to tell you it is better. In fact, it is worse because easentially it has handcuffed CSR's that used to be able to make things happen.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
One hour on hold now. But they aren't investigating the phantom issue. They are trying to figure out how to calculate the miles. It's insane. And I fear that the call will end with them saying, "We figured it out, but the seats actually aren't available to begin with."

While on hold, I am trying to make award reservations in C for LX flights on adjacent days. Even though the seats show as available, I get an error when trying to process.
Good to know - thank you.
Was going to move an award booking from EI to LX in C, but don't want to lose the seats.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 hours. I am late for work! I can't leave, because my cell phone doesn't work well in the hillside where I live.

For the first 90 minutes, the agent would come back to me every 15 minutes. But I haven't heard from her in 1/2 hour.

I actually showered with the door open waiting for her to come back to me.

At what point do I hang up?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:38 am

I once had an agent fall asleep on me...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
2 hours. I am late for work! I can't leave, because my cell phone doesn't work well in the hillside where I live.

For the first 90 minutes, the agent would come back to me every 15 minutes. But I haven't heard from her in 1/2 hour.

I actually showered with the door open waiting for her to come back to me.

At what point do I hang up?
Sadly I don't think it's worth being late to work over what will most likely be a case of phantom availability.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by EWR764
Sadly I don't think it's worth being late to work over what will most likely be a case of phantom availability.
Lots of phantom LX inventory recently. I got excited by an LX F slot showing for a mem day trip; was not surprised when it errored out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.