Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to use United Cares form

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Unable to use United Cares form

I was trying to fill out the United Cares form at https://www.united.com/unitedcares/ and it gives the error invalid MP account number. If I try using the confirmation number under Identity Confirmation Options instead, it states invalid confirmation number. The same if I try to use the eticket number. Is this a known issue? Any ways around it?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
United doesn't care about you based on the information you've provided.
higher_flyer and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I just tried and rejects mine too....
United really doesn't care but some people at UA do. I send comment emails to the1K people- [email protected]
You can try sending there and ask they forward to the proper department....
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I had a problem when using it a few days ago when using my MP number. When I'd used it a few weeks earlier for the exact same flight it had worked perfectly with the MP number.

I ended up using different details (confirmation number I think?) and it worked.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docbert
I had a problem when using it a few days ago when using my MP number. When I'd used it a few weeks earlier for the exact same flight it had worked perfectly with the MP number.

I ended up using different details (confirmation number I think?) and it worked.
Unfortunately none of the options work.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
If you're pasting from the clipboard, make sure there isn't a stray space character at the end. There's no excuse for this, but I've encountered a few places on ua.com where the validation routine fails to strip them off.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajGoes
If you're pasting from the clipboard, make sure there isn't a stray space character at the end. There's no excuse for this, but I've encountered a few places on ua.com where the validation routine fails to strip them off.
Neither pasting or typing works.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I used to have a similar issue until I figured out what was - it was the entering of my first name. My UA boarding pass appends my first name and middle name together. I found that just entering my first name wouldn't work - but if I entered exactly like stated on my boarding pass it worked with combined first and middle name it worked.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Just used the form and it worked for me!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rumples
Just used the form and it worked for me!
Which option did you choose? MP account, confirmation number, or ticket number?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I used to have a similar issue until I figured out what was - it was the entering of my first name. My UA boarding pass appends my first name and middle name together. I found that just entering my first name wouldn't work - but if I entered exactly like stated on my boarding pass it worked with combined first and middle name it worked.
Same happened to me, but because I have a long middle name, I think I had to enter exactly the same number of letters that made it onto the boarding pass or something like that.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by gusd
Which option did you choose? MP account, confirmation number, or ticket number?
MP Account and then it let me pick from a list of past and future flights that I could associate to the form!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Same problem here. I tried to use my MP number and it told me "invalid first name"

I then used the conf# and it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.