Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 22, 19, 5:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 27, 13, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

(I have this unshakable feeling that there must be a thread on this, but I can't find it. Sorry if there is one.)

I have some upcoming long layovers in SFO, and figure that's as good a reason as any to use my "you're in" passes. Which UC is "better"? Less crowded? Better views?
Old Nov 27, 13, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
I much prefer the UC in the international terminal. It's less crowded (particularly if you go all the way down past the bar) and has more interesting views of the long-haul aircraft at the international gates.
Old Nov 27, 13, 12:26 pm

There's only 1 United Club each in the domestic and international terminals (apart from the Global First Lounge and Arrivals Lounge), so its not like you have a lot of choices.
Old Nov 27, 13, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, SPG Ambassador & Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Prez, AVIS 1st, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I much prefer the UC in the international terminal. It's less crowded (particularly if you go all the way down past the bar) and has more interesting views of the long-haul aircraft at the international gates.
I agree about the international one and if you are there outside the afternoon bank of flights to Asia, it's usually pretty quiet. It's a short walk from the domestic gates and well worth it I think.
Old Nov 27, 13, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
In the domestic club, there's what I like to call "the secret room." It's a large space with lots of chairs and cubicles that almost always empty when the rest if the club is jam packed.

However, it's dark and there are no views.
Old Nov 27, 13, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Best SFO United Club?

You will get a reentry stamp. So you should be able to enter another one.

IMHO - both suck.
Old Nov 27, 13, 1:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Other than differences in peak periods, the two clubs are relatively similar. The tarmac views are marginally better in the domestic/T3 UC and at the right times the International UC is less crowded and has an airier feel. There is little to separate the two.

Relatively easy to move between clubs or to just use either. Many would rank the SFO among the better domestic UCs but they are domestic UCs -- not the LH Tower Club. You can try to get into the SQ SK or BR club but on a domestic itin expect to be denied.
Old Nov 27, 13, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Both are okay. They get very crowded in the 10 am-noon-ish period because of the inbound and outbound Asia banks, but outside of that they are nice and relaxing, nonexistent food and beverage choices notwithstanding. I do like the view from the international UC better, particularly the bar area, because it is from higher up. I prefer the restrooms and work cubicles in the domestic UC.
Old Nov 27, 13, 1:50 pm

Wait until February - assuming construction proceeds as scheduled.

The new UC in the new wing of T3 promises to be one of the best in the system.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-than-t2.html
Old Nov 27, 13, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Other than differences in peak periods, the two clubs are relatively similar. The tarmac views are marginally better in the domestic/T3 UC and at the right times the International UC is less crowded and has an airier feel. There is little to separate the two.

Relatively easy to move between clubs or to just use either. Many would rank the SFO among the better domestic UCs but they are domestic UCs -- not the LH Tower Club. You can try to get into the SQ SK or BR club but on a domestic itin expect to be denied.
The LH Tower Club is gone, and was actually pretty terrible in my opinion. Always packed with people and sub par (compared to Senator Clubs) offerings.
Old Dec 2, 13, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks everyone! Great thoughts, especially since I was expecting people to scream at me because there was some other thread I hadn't found.

For future reference, I made a little wikipost.

I went to the Intl Terminal one over the holiday weekend. Pretty nice. But then I went to the LH lounge at IAD...
Old Dec 2, 13, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1962088-best-sfo-united-c

well try SQ lounge if you have access
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
For all you SFO experts: If I am a UC member and GS flying AA out of SFO, how far is it to get to the closest *A lounge? Airside/Landside? Is it worth it? Will have ~1.5hrs to kill. (Is there an SQ or LH lounge?)
Old Dec 2, 13, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL View Post
For all you SFO experts: If I am a UC member and GS flying AA out of SFO, how far is it to get to the closest *A lounge? Airside/Landside? Is it worth it? Will have ~1.5hrs to kill. (Is there an SQ or LH lounge?)
Just enjoy T2. Not worth a trip landside for anything else.

Go check out Cat Cora for some good food and a beverage.
Old Dec 2, 13, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
OP notes a UC club pass, so no access to SQ lounge for sure. Based on talk in here, even as a *G, they only seem to grant access if you are flying international. Last time I was in SFO, I was allowed in the SQ lounge, but they took a pretty good look at my BP - and I'm pretty certain only allowed me in because my onward flight was to YYZ - I was in premium cabin on that trip.
After all my visits to SFO it has only now dawned on me I could enter clubs other than the UC!

Onward BP to Canada (or connecting from Canada) as an AC*G is good enough to gain entry?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: