Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most 1k on a flight you have seen

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ericw
I was referring to HKG-ORD. I guess I misread...65/179 is clearly not 1 in 5.
40 out of 179, as reported by the OP, is close to 1 in 5. (or rather, 1 in 4.5)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by sharmaintl
Every darn IAD-SFO (and vice versa) flight... and I take this at least once a month. Always 12/13th on the upgrade list as a 1K. Even when I was GS, this was the worst route to get CPUed on that I have ever traveled .
Never got a CPU as a 1K and recently denied on this route (wasn't even close) as a GS. I suspect many elites (GS/1K) on instruments and paid F, after that nothing left. To get to the question on the thread, the most route I see (domestic) is SFO-SEA. I have seen as many as 20 suites board when GS is called and even more 1Ks. After that it is almost laughable as to what is left. Needless to say CPU upgrades were essentially nonexistent.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nomad420
Never got a CPU as a 1K and recently denied on this route (wasn't even close) as a GS. I suspect many elites (GS/1K) on instruments and paid F, after that nothing left. To get to the question on the thread, the most route I see (domestic) is SFO-SEA. I have seen as many as 20 suites board when GS is called and even more 1Ks. After that it is almost laughable as to what is left. Needless to say CPU upgrades were essentially nonexistent.
For SFO-IAD, that's hardly surprising when these days I have to resort to weird times and SDC hope in order to pay anything less than full J.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
Proportionately? COS-DEN back in January boarded an E175 with over 2/3 of passengers being 1K at preboarding. I think I saw maybe 15 people left after 1K preboard.
Out of COS, it is more likely that those were military - who board before 1K. It is also rare that the contract gate agents at COS (who have been on the job for 3 days and have 2 days left before they get a paycheck and move on to the next job) are going to enforce the boarding order rules.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Steve001
This morning’s flight from IAH to SFO, about 40 people with 1k status in pre boarding line.
It was either around that number or higher yesterday IAD-SFO. You forget that RSA is this week in SFO We get posts like this every year either for JPM's health conference or RSA or CRM's conference
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
It was either around that number or higher yesterday IAD-SFO. You forget that RSA is this week in SFO We get posts like this every year either for JPM's health conference or RSA or CRM's conference
Had 10 GS and 45 1Ks on a 737 coming back to SF from CES this year.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:51 pm

I fly UA314 LAX-DEN frequently and it is not uncommon to see 40-50 on that 777
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I was once number 51 on the list on SFO-IAD as a 1K on an H fare, so at least 51, and probably 70 or 80.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I was once number 51 on the list on SFO-IAD as a 1K on an H fare, so at least 51, and probably 70 or 80.
While no doubt the number of 1Ks was very high, remember that you are behind all GS, all 1Ks on higher fares or on an "H" fare who checked in before you, all Plats/Golds on Y & B fares and all Silvers on Y fares. Not to mention misplaced IROP passengers, etc. So I'm sure some of those higher on the list than you were GS or other elites on Y or Y/B but definitely plenty of 1Ks behind you on the list as well :-D

Do you remember how long the entire list was?

-RM
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well they've got that "1K" line at NRT now, and for SFO-NRT it's pretty similar to what the Group 1 line used to look like - at least 50 pax.

As previously noted, it's hard to determine number of 1Ks just from 1K pre-boarders, as that group includes companions.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
I was on an Airbus 320 flight from SFO to LAX after the 2018 JP Morgan Healthcare Conference ended. The gate agent announced that 75% of the flight is in Group 1 and 2, with 37 passengers are 1K.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
While no doubt the number of 1Ks was very high, remember that you are behind all GS, all 1Ks on higher fares or on an "H" fare who checked in before you, all Plats/Golds on Y & B fares and all Silvers on Y fares. Not to mention misplaced IROP passengers, etc. So I'm sure some of those higher on the list than you were GS or other elites on Y or Y/B but definitely plenty of 1Ks behind you on the list as well :-D

Do you remember how long the entire list was?

-RM
More importantly, everyone of any status with any form of instrument applied.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mr8
KIX-SFO earlier this year - at least 30 in the dedicated 1k line on a pretty empty flight with about 6 empty seats in Polaris.

Was visiting some family for the holidays and was surprised to see about a dozen yellow handle wraps on that route and that's just counting the ones that had to green-tag.
Don't forget military can also preboard, so that may have skewed some numbers.
Originally Posted by MysteryTour
Out of COS, it is more likely that those were military - who board before 1K. It is also rare that the contract gate agents at COS (who have been on the job for 3 days and have 2 days left before they get a paycheck and move on to the next job) are going to enforce the boarding order rules.
Negative, they actually split out the call for military and 1Ks with a definite pause. Plus you can tell who's active and who isn't (lot of the 1Ks were retired farts like me). I find it much more common these days that the gate agents enforce boarding order rules and have seen the same agents enough to know that they are regular employees.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by findark
For SFO-IAD, that's hardly surprising when these days I have to resort to weird times and SDC hope in order to pay anything less than full J.
I'm surprised UA doesn't shift more J-class seats to the route. For a time, it was 2-a-day 772s, but not recently.

Meanwhile, I've cleared CPU on SFO-BWI as a Gold, but then of course your SDC options are all bad.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prometa
I'm surprised UA doesn't shift more J-class seats to the route. For a time, it was 2-a-day 772s, but not recently.

Meanwhile, I've cleared CPU on SFO-BWI as a Gold, but then of course your SDC options are all bad.
I assume Y loads are still important as well - clearly my load impression on the route is not always accurate as they managed to downgauge SFO-DCA to a 738.

I'm fine as long as I can buy a C fare (J is ~3x that!), so haven't had to do anything too crazy yet, although last trip I had to SDC the 5pm flight back in order to arrive at a reasonable hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.