FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Domestic CPU clearance rates for 1Ks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1954032-domestic-cpu-clearance-rates-1ks.html)

AugustW Feb 1, 2019 12:33 pm

1/4 so far
1/18 EWR-LAS no
1/21 LAS-EWR no
1/29 EWR-RDU no
1/29 RDU-EWR yes

AW

thejaredhuang Feb 1, 2019 12:41 pm

I cleared LAX-IAH on the 77G 2/2. 1st time, Saturday afternoon flight; 2nd time 1:30am on a Tuesday but it was after I SDC onto it very surprised at that one.

docbert Feb 1, 2019 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 30728023)
I am seeing nothing clear - for me, or anyone else - on my flights. F seems to go out full with either paid, awards, or buy-ups.

The entire front cabin could be upgrades and you wouldn't know. For the past several months the upgrade list has only shown people that cleared after they checked in - so anyone that cleared in advance (even <24 hours, if they weren't checked in at the time) won't show.

drewguy Feb 1, 2019 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 30727702)
I feel like a lot of this is small sample sizes, although it's always hard to tell. My general impression versus 1-2 years ago is that more and more people are buying F outright and/or taking the check-in buyup offers, but it's also much harder to tell the difference between 1K CPUs and 3-4 day purchases of F since they don't display the upgrade list anymore.

+1. I think UA has calibrated the buy-up prices to make it quite attractive, particularly if you're not elite so would have to pay for E+, or if you're a late booker and F is worth it over a middle seat in the back.

MysteryTour Feb 1, 2019 3:42 pm

I had 2 GPUs to use in January - both got burned successfully on single segment, mid-range domestic flights.

Of 3 possible CPU opportunities in January, I got the CPU once, so 1 out of 3 - not great.

eng3 Feb 1, 2019 3:49 pm

Not much of a sample size, but 4/4 so far for CPU but all were on PHL-ORD. I have an ORD-PHL coming up on sunday that isnt looking good.
5/6 for RPU, these were mostly on PHL-IAH or DEN
One RPU was not successfully burned even giving it away

I was getting so use to F, that I was actually wondering if the E+ seats had gotten smaller when I had to sit in one.

flyme2 Feb 1, 2019 7:25 pm

Flying in and out of YUL, my options for a UA metal two class aircraft are rather limited, as RJ's are the de facto aircraft. I was somewhat surprised to be put #1 , then #2 on the waitlist for an IAD-YUL flight on 1/31 that I had just rebooked on 1/30 as part of an IST-YUL itinerary in an effort to avoid weather on my original ORD connection. Three seats in F were up for grabs and I received my upgrade minutes before departure. I've also had good luck flying out of Mexico, even on SDC flights. PSP-SFO also works in my favour.

YYCowboy Feb 1, 2019 8:06 pm

2 for 2 so far at T-96, the rest were RJ145s

ExplorerWannabe Feb 2, 2019 10:00 am

I've had my CPU for the 15-min flight between COS and DEN clear once out of four times.

jayzala Feb 2, 2019 4:06 pm

0% this year for my SFO to ORD legs on Monday and Thursdays :( :( :(

Old Gold Feb 2, 2019 4:37 pm

Only one trip in January, TUS-IAH-SJU-IAH-TUS on a reward ticket. I was upgraded at 96 hours on all but IAH-SJU

Aussienarelle Feb 2, 2019 5:04 pm

I am 3/3 for 2019: 100% success rate with CPUs.

WineCountryUA Feb 2, 2019 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by jayzala (Post 30732492)

Has not that been true for years? atleast for peak hours (Monday AM, Thursday PM)

fumje Feb 2, 2019 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by jayzala (Post 30732492)

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 30732871)
Has not that been true for years? atleast for peak hours (Monday AM, Thursday PM)

But still a useful report, I suppose, if the premise of this thread is higher CPU rates (maybe for 1K only) in 2019.

However, given that the qualification year is essentially only two days old now, I think it's premature to draw any conclusions.

WineCountryUA Feb 2, 2019 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 30733063)
But still a useful report, I suppose, if the premise of this thread is higher CPU rates (maybe for 1K only) in 2019.....

My thinking was even when 1K CPU averages were better -- SFO-ORD Monday AM, Thursday PM was pretty much a poor CPU route, a dead zone, So that wouldnot be where I would expect to see improvements, if they are are occuring.