Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Enhanced customer service commitment including free DirecTV on all DTV A/C.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhanced customer service commitment including free DirecTV on all DTV A/C.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ICN1K
I’m on a EWR-LAS late night flight and now there is no way to turn off the DirecTV. First flight I’ve had where you aren’t able to turn it off nor watch anything other than a 3 minute cycle of United ads. None of the buttons work.
That sounds like you were in a seat with a broken control... Did you flag down a FA to log the defect? My most recent DTV flight was about a month ago and control was definitely available -- but I have had a few over the years where buttons either aren't working or require unconventional force or angle of attack
Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
That sounds like you were in a seat with a broken control... Did you flag down a FA to log the defect? My most recent DTV flight was about a month ago and control was definitely available -- but I have had a few over the years where buttons either aren't working or require unconventional force or angle of attack
It was the whole cabin. One FA said there was nothing she could do and it was DirecTV that did it. After enough people complained and two hours later someone reset the system and the buttons worked again.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
It was the whole cabin. One FA said there was nothing she could do and it was DirecTV that did it. After enough people complained and two hours later someone reset the system and the buttons worked again.
Too bad folks didn't get mad/complain sooner.

David
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:59 am

Yeah...I wouldn't be particularly inclined to believe a single FA when resetting the system fixed the problem. We have MOLA ... this is a MOLFA?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:11 pm

As an update for anyone who may be concerned... On board a DTV equipped flight (CLE-EWR) as I type. DTV working as expected, though I did have to hit the guide butter n a few times to get the guide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.