Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Requested fare class not available" (but shows W9 in flight details)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Requested fare class not available" (but shows W9 in flight details)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
sorry, typo. I meant 4/15 - 4/22
All of the prices I'm seeing are different than what you're seeing. Are you using the US / US Dollar website? I assumed so based on it using a $, but nothing in your screenshot matches mine.

Also, you're not marking this as a corporate booking/business travel when searching, right?

Edit: I was able to replicate this problem when I marked the booking as business travel, which uses private fares (in my case on a PassPlus account) rather than those that are publicly available. Assuming you're marking it as business travel, it appears that the W fare isn't allowed under your corporate program. If you uncheck the box for business travel you should see everything, otherwise you'd just need to search using all booking codes.

Last edited by Sykes; Jan 29, 2019 at 10:54 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Sykes
All of the prices I'm seeing are different than what you're seeing. Are you using the US / US Dollar website? I assumed so based on it using a $, but nothing in your screenshot matches mine.

Also, you're not marking this as a corporate booking/business travel when searching, right?

Edit: I was able to replicate this problem when I marked the booking as business travel, which uses private fares (in my case on a PassPlus account) rather than those that are publicly available. Assuming you're marking it as business travel, it appears that the W fare isn't allowed under your corporate program. If you uncheck the box for business travel you should see everything, otherwise you'd just need to search using all booking codes.
No just a standard search. No business account or anything like that. I even tried a search using a different browser and not logged into my account and got the same results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.