Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD Ops 22 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Could be worse. DTW is showing *CLOSED* as of 8pm ET. Not expected to re-open until 1am ET.

-RM
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Stuck in FLL now. Flight to ORD delayed until (they say 1am).

Thoughts? Should I wait it out or say screw it and get a hotel room?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Snowing lightly in the loop the moment. Probably the last gasp. I have a 2pm flight out tomorrow so hope the forecast holds and the temps don’t drop.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Was on UA882 from NRT today, didnt have any airborne delays or anything, but airport did look like a mess when we arrived.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Flight from Florida was just cleared for departure.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Could be worse. DTW is showing *CLOSED* as of 8pm ET. Not expected to re-open until 1am ET.

-RM
I was on the DTW/SFO flight that had a 7:25 pm departure time. The incoming plane was delayed and by the time we boarded the airport we were told the airport just closed and we needed to deplane.

Currently waiting for the flight to depart at 10 am. At the Lufthansa lounge they made an announcement that the airport is trying to open up one runway. We'll see how it goes today.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JAaronT
DAY-ORD was FUBARed today (after I nearly got scrod coming in). It looks like pretty much nothing from central/southwestern Ohio made it to ORD after this morning.
Yeah. Just flew out of DAY this morning, and my GA friends there said yesterday was an absolute mess.

Hope you got moving again today...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yeah. Just flew out of DAY this morning, and my GA friends there said yesterday was an absolute mess.

Hope you got moving again today...
Decided to avoid ORD completely and currently on CVG-SFO. Kicking myself for not going DAY-DEN-SFO when I ran up to the gate and they said that ORD flight is about to go out! (spoiler: it went out but never left the ground)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JAaronT

Decided to avoid ORD completely and currently on CVG-SFO. Kicking myself for not going DAY-DEN-SFO when I ran up to the gate and they said that ORD flight is about to go out! (spoiler: it went out but never left the ground)
Good call to catch the CVG direct flight. I don't think ORD is going to be as bad today, but better to just avoid it.

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I had a 'lovely' day trip to ORD yesterday. Was supposed to go PDX-ORD-SYR but both ORD to SYR flights were cancelled after ~5 hour time pushes, one freaking hour at a time. The 6:30PM was finally cancelled at 11:30PM. By about 7:00PM i realized I'd never make my Wed AM meeting in SYR, so turned around and went back to PDX, luckily only delayed by 1.5 hours.. 22 hour day for nothing. Grr.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Its a mess again today. I decided to get on whatever I could to any other hub instead of taking the chance on RJs flying direct, so went ORD-DEN-YYC.

Nominally it was 1 hour slower, but to nobodys surprise, I just landed in YYC on time and both direct flights are delayed 3+ hours.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Good call to catch the CVG direct flight. I don't think ORD is going to be as bad today, but better to just avoid it.

Cheers.
Turned out to be a very good decision. The flight was empty so I declined an upgrade for a ghetto-lie-flat seat (I was the only person in rows 20/21). Once the FAs figured out I was a 1K in coach (I may have been the only one on the plane as I was the only one who came forward for 1K boarding, but people may have taken their time since it was so empty), they doted on me. There weren't any hot BoB items loaded () so they even brought me cereal from up front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.