Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new uniforms announced for UA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The male FA uniform looks like it's the hand-me-downs from the Waldorf Astoria bell staff.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fumje
Looks a bit Star Trek.
AHH YES!!! I've been trying to put my finger on what those uniforms remind me of.
The color even sort of matches Troi's old "uniform"

Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
An average once a year flyer is supposed to be able to see one of these people and think "UA employee" and not "Basic Economy Passenger"?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Oh dear sweet Jesus no. This may just drive me to AAmerican.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
United really hit the UAGLY on this one. :-:
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
They do have some dramatic flair in the colors, but overall they look fine to me. ...
Maybe it is the contrarian in me, but I also like the splash of color in the female outfits, but the male outfits could use a little less silver and little more of ???

However, my kids and wife have long stated I have no sense of fashion, so what do I know,
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Is this a frigging joke? It's so awful I might actually stop flying United. I didn't really expect to get excited , but I certainly didn't expect them to be hideous. These designs and colors and patterns are HIDEOUS. ...!????

Originally Posted by milepig
Oh dear sweet Jesus no. This may just drive me to AAmerican.
I might stop flying. The only positive - because these new uniforms are so HIDEOUS they will need to be redone. How could something like this happen?
DenverBrian likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 16, 2019 at 9:21 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by eng3
An average once a year flyer is supposed to be able to see one of these people and think "UA employee" and not "Basic Economy Passenger"?

Last edited by Jimmie Jet; Jan 16, 2019 at 9:22 pm Reason: Photo fail
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:32 pm

I’m pretty let down. I’ve seen the 2009-era Cynthia Rowley redesigns that her team spent almost 2 years on with front line staff groups that Smisek nixed completely due to “cost considerations”, and those were professional Red/gold and if I could describe, I would say had a “severe-ish yet effortlessly classy Chanel type” sophistication to their cuts, especially the FA dress. Although they planned to modify the color pallet after the merger, they were still nixed by Smisek. Sad, as they were a cut above both the old trash Cintas and these new designs in their overall design cohesion and thoughtfulness, in my opinion. They also looked more modern than these 2019 designs? So strange.

These looks geriatric and retro in a totally bizarre way. I like United’s new color palet, but not these bizarre looking designs. And I’m not the only one after talking to friends in both the frontline FA and behind the curtain ranks. People are pretty confused by these images to say the very least.
FlyingNone and am1108 like this.

Last edited by tuolumne; Jan 16, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Originally Posted by Ed26
They need to rethink the male FA uniforms. Tawdry. Way too much going on...
I applaud United for using real employees in all sizes and shapes in these photos. It looks like a real collaborative efforts to me and with employees heavily involved from the beginning. If you look at the entire selection of uniforms for each group, it is not a bad effort at start. I'm sure certain pieces will get dropped or/and changed after the wear test but this is what it is meant to be.

just like united stocks in 2018, it may initially get ridiculed but at the end of the day, united will have the last laugh.
One of the female FA pieces reminds me of United Rising Blue livery, i think it will look better in real life.
SteveHK likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 16, 2019 at 11:23 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Personally I could give a rip what they wear as long as I could get moderately pleasant service and jack and coke. Uniform styles or colors have zilch to do with any of that.
kirkwoodj and nancypants like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 16, 2019 at 11:24 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
I actually like the women FA uniforms, and I think the pilot ones look good too. But the male FA uniforms are so awful that it kind of ruins the whole thing for me.
DenverBrian, wrp96 and findark like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Fashion is subjective. I get it. These are so awful IMHO I strongly suspect we are going to hear a strong backlash from the front line. I was under the assumption these are the final product and I'm hoping I'm hearing that this is not the case. Forcing your frontline into an ugly uniform is not going to make the service any better. DOA.
FlyingNone and DenverBrian like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gmt4
Uniform styles or colors have zilch to do with any of that.
If you’d ever managed large groups of customer service employees, you’d realize that this absolutely matters.
cricketer, tuolumne and jinglish like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Please United, if you are reading this, redesign this collection. This is plain hideous; I'm not going to sugar coat it. Both of the FA designs for males and females look already dated and do not inspire a fresh, modern take on your updated brand color palette.

I feel so strongly about this that I had to write an email to them.

Last edited by LyfeSaver; Jan 16, 2019 at 11:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.