Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Looking forward.to seeing the UC at MSY. Not much to do in the terminal while waiting for a UA flight.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Have you been in the new airport? Looks like much better amenities
No I have not. Was there in September, so looking forward to the improved terminal experience and the UC in January.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:30 am

The MSY UC will be at ground level. There will be an elevator next to gate C5 to take you down to the UC. Possible opening in January.

edit to add: gate agent just told me it’s supposed to open before the end of January.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Dec 4, 2019 at 10:39 am
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
The MSY UC will be at ground level. There will be an elevator next to gate C5 to take you down to the UC. Possible opening in January.
Interesting... hopefully not a dungeon like C17/D8 at IAD, or worse yet, the old SEA RCC!
LIH likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by EWR764
Interesting... hopefully not a dungeon like C17/D8 at IAD, or worse yet, the old SEA RCC!
Don’t get your hopes up. I think you’re about to be disappointed.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Don’t get your hopes up. I think you’re about to be disappointed.
Well... any UC is better than no UC at all (except at EWR), but sounds like United will be outclassed AGAIN by Delta.
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by EWR764
The IAD dungeon clubs are just part of the IAD experience
jasonp622 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: United
Anyone have an update on the opening date for the United Club at MSY?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by QB504
Anyone have an update on the opening date for the United Club at MSY?
Yes, same question. A couple of weeks ago I was at MSY and saw the DL Sky Club as I walked through the terminal and although I saw a sign for the UC I did not actually see any additional signage. I ended up walking the new terminal and then sat at the gate to wait for the flight.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
Saturday February 29th is the confirmed opening date as of now.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
Saturday February 29th is the confirmed opening date as of now.
Now posted to United HUB: https://hub.united.com/2020-02-28-take-a-break-in-the-big-easy-united-airlines-debuts-new-club-location-in-new-orleans-2645329109.html
NEW ORLEANS, Feb. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines will unveil the newest addition to its network of United Club locations with the opening of a brand-new 6,000-square-foot United Club at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Located in the airport's brand-new terminal, near gate C7, the club offers customers a wide variety of amenities to work, relax and refresh during their travels. The new United Club opens starting Saturday, Feb. 29.

"Our expansion into New Orleans showcases United's commitment to transforming the customer experience across all touch points and complements the beautiful new terminal at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport," said Alexander Dorow, United's managing director of premium services. "It's a fresh location for us to begin our evolution to become more local and reach new audiences."

Menu highlights in the new club location include inventive twists on regional favorites such as muffuletta sliders with pimento cheese, gumbo and rice, Cajun pepper dip and Creole egg salad. The drink selection includes local staples like Abita Amber beer and Southern Comfort, along with a variety of beer, wine and cocktail options.

The New Orleans United Club features 95 seats, with a variety of seating areas for productivity, privacy and dining. For customers looking to stay connected, the club offers complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and many power outlets and USB ports.

The New Orleans United Club location is the first United Club to open this year and is part of United's ongoing commitment to renovate and introduce new United Club locations throughout its network. The company is also working on brand-new United Club locations at Newark Liberty International Airport – to open in 2021 – and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, which will open later this year. Construction will also begin on a brand-new and larger United Club location at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu. Additionally, this summer, United will unveil its United Polaris lounge at Washington Dulles International Airport – the sixth location in the United Polaris lounge network. For more information on United Club locations, visit united.com/unitedclub.

Every customer. Every flight. Every day.

United continues to strengthen its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, United recently:
  • Announced that MileagePlus award miles will never expire
  • Committed $40 million toward a new investment initiative focused on accelerating the development of sustainable aviation fuels and other decarbonization technologies
  • Established Miles on a Mission, a first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing platform which gives customers a simple way to donate miles to non-profit organizations and charities in need of air travel
  • Launched ConnectionSaver, a digital tool dedicated to improving the experience for customers with connecting flights
  • Instituted PlusPoints, new upgrade benefits for MileagePlus Premier members
  • Gave Economy customers a choice of complimentary snacks on domestic flights
  • Made DIRECTV free for every customer on more than 200 aircraft

Last edited by jhayes_1780; Feb 28, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Went to the new club at MSY the other morning.

It is downstairs below the gates. Stairs or elevator to get down there. Nice furnishings, lounge seating and tables plus a couple small phone rooms on one wall. Self serve espresso and soda machines. Bar was not open as it was 6am, but I'm looking forward to coming back and trying it at a more reasonable hour.

Food options were better than I've seen in some bigger clubs. Since it was the breakfast hour they had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and chorizo (no tortillas though), plus hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, and fruit.

Best part was my gate was right at the top of the stairs so I could stay right until boarding began. Good little club. Much improved from the old airport.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Went to the new club at MSY the other morning.

It is downstairs below the gates. Stairs or elevator to get down there. Nice furnishings, lounge seating and tables plus a couple small phone rooms on one wall. Self serve espresso and soda machines. Bar was not open as it was 6am, but I'm looking forward to coming back and trying it at a more reasonable hour.

Food options were better than I've seen in some bigger clubs. Since it was the breakfast hour they had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and chorizo (no tortillas though), plus hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, and fruit.

Best part was my gate was right at the top of the stairs so I could stay right until boarding began. Good little club. Much improved from the old airport.
Wait - 6 am is an unreasonable hour for MSY's UC bar to open?

David
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Much improved from the old airport.
It wasn’t hard to make an improvement since we didn’t have a UC at the old airport. 😉

I really like that the MSY UC has chicken and sausage gumbo that they start putting out at lunchtime. Much prefer that than what’s being served onboard.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:33 am

It wasn’t hard to make an improvement since we didn’t have a UC at the old airport. 😉

I really like that the MSY UC has chicken and sausage gumbo that they start putting out at lunchtime. Much prefer that than what’s being served onboard.
True- ya'll barely had food in the old airport. The whole place is MUCH improved.
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Wait - 6 am is an unreasonable hour for MSY's UC bar to open?

David
Not in my opinion, but there was no one there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.