Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any thoughts/comparisons between 1A and 1L. I understand 1L has a bit of lav traffic, but is 1A any quieter? For what it’s worth, I have no issues with either 1A/1L on the Polaris configured 777s/763.

-FlyerBeek
If you have the choice, 1A is better, but not by a huge margin.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any thoughts/comparisons between 1A and 1L. I understand 1L has a bit of lav traffic, but is 1A any quieter? For what it’s worth, I have no issues with either 1A/1L on the Polaris configured 777s/763.
It's not lav traffic in 1L, it's that the seat is adjacent to the lav, whereas in 1A you're separated from the lav by the door and galley. In 1L, you're going to be sitting about five feet from the lav door. IMO It's a terrible seat.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by max_kolesne
In premium plus, is there a consensus on the bulkhead seat? Seatguru lists it as yellow on the 787-10
I sat in seat 20L 3 weeks ago on EWR - SFO - it's a great seat, big step up from economy plus. I found that there was ample leg room for sure, a great monitor, and you didn't have to really squeeze by the pax between you and the aisle, as there's enough space to kind of step over.

Just my two cents - I took seat 8D on the SFO - EWR leg and thought it was fine as well
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador

-FlyerBeek
Would like to know the same AND comparing those two to 3A/3L
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's not lav traffic in 1L, it's that the seat is adjacent to the lav, whereas in 1A you're separated from the lav by the door and galley. In 1L, you're going to be sitting about five feet from the lav door. IMO It's a terrible seat.
As someone who has always appreciated the larger footwells of the sCO bulkhead seats, I'm curious as to if the larger footwells in the bulkhead rows outweigh the lav issue. My thinking is that on a red-eye flight, most people will be sleeping so the lav wouldn't get much use expect for before and after meal services. On a daytime flight, this could be more of an issue.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by phkc070408
As someone who has always appreciated the larger footwells of the sCO bulkhead seats, I'm curious as to if the larger footwells in the bulkhead rows outweigh the lav issue. My thinking is that on a red-eye flight, most people will be sleeping so the lav wouldn't get much use expect for before and after meal services. On a daytime flight, this could be more of an issue.
Extrapolating from the B/E Diamond to the Polaris (Optima) seat is really not warranted. Most people find the footwells in the non-bulkhead Optima fine. I always pick a bulkhead on the 789; I never pick one on a Polaris aircraft.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
2A or 11L?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by onthesam
2A or 11L?
Was in 11L yesterday. I enjoyed the privacy of the seat. A little crew noise from galley, but not noticeable when watching movies using (my own) noise cancelling headphones. Would definitely consider again (even over 7L which I had on the outbound). Cannot comment on 2A.
onthesam likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:16 pm

2A or 11L?
2A was awful. 2 half windows with no shade control. Super narrow. Very little vertical clearance for knees in between seat and tray table when reclined. Legs can't fit when crossed -- knee sticks far into aisle. Arm rest angles such that arm naturally extends into the aisle.

Claustrophobia in 2A!

2 1/2 shades. 0 control.

Knee knocker tray.

Alternatively, knee in aisle.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:29 pm

Super narrow. Very little vertical clearance for knees in between seat and tray table when reclined.
They're all like that on this aircraft. The Polarized 787s are not going to be particularly desirable for long-haul due to not enough space.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Comparing the 78J (Polaris) to the 788 and 789 (sCO), is the Polaris configuration still an "upgrade,:" or would the sCO seat be better in this plane?

Also, going slightly OT, how does the narrower body of the 788 and 789 sCO compare to the 772 sCO? Does the reduction in plane width affect the sCO fitted planes as bad as it affects the Polaris planes? I would think not, only because the sCO seats are less private, so you have a little more space, even if it is communal.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
I flew 1L a few weeks ago from LAX to IAH
Short 3 hour flight so I wasn't bothered at all with people using the restroom
Since I had noise cancelling headphones on most of the flight watching movies I didnt hear any noise from the galley or restroom
I enjoyed the much wider footwell and the privacy the window seats have vs being closer to the aisle
i would choose this seat again hands down for the footwell space (compared to other odd row window seats), especially if I was traveling over night so my feel have plenty of room
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by phkc070408
Comparing the 78J (Polaris) to the 788 and 789 (sCO), is the Polaris configuration still an "upgrade,:" or would the sCO seat be better in this plane?
Unless you're seated in an odd numbered 'A' or 'L' seat (other than in row 5), or traveling with a companion and seated in the 'DF' center seats, privacy is the only advantage to 78J. 788/789 J is far more comfortable. The ball has been dropped on this cabin.
phkc070408 likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any feedback on row 30? Is it a solid bulkhead? What is legroom like?
Old May 6, 2019, 3:44 am

Sat in 20C twice last weekend. I really liked the seat. Plenty of room. One thing I didn't like, and it could have just been because I'm tall, is the pop up screen dug into my leg a bit when not raised.

But everything else was good. My seat mate even got up to go the bathroom while I was asleep, without me even realizing. Plenty of room to do that.

Extra bonus. We boarded/exited the plane 3 of 4 times from the middle, which meant I was basically the first person to deplane.

Another quirk. I'm a big guy, about 6'4 300 pounds, and the seat belts were BY FAR the longest I've ever encountered on a plane. Not even a thought of needing an extender, or even having it JUST fit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.