Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
you shouldn’t have to do that either. Im perpetually logged in on the app

try using cellular, different wifi, update the app or reboot the phone.
Yep, I did them all and still the same problem.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Yep, I did them all and still the same problem.
Try a browser instead of the app. Delete and reinstall the app. Try a different device. What phone?
Old May 2, 2022, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try a browser instead of the app. Delete and reinstall the app. Try a different device. What phone?
United.com works perfectly fine on my laptop and phone. I'm experiencing this issue on the UA Android app on the Samsung S8 and Pixel 2 XL.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone here know why I keep getting the "your device has no connectivity" message? I get it every time I have to enter my password to see confidential information like my reservation details. The message makes no sense because my phone is definitely connected to the internet.
I haven't gotten it recently, but I used to get that error occasionally on android using VPN. I think if I disconnected from everything and reconnected then it would stop, but I can't remember for certain.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
I haven't gotten it recently, but I used to get that error occasionally on android using VPN. I think if I disconnected from everything and reconnected then it would stop, but I can't remember for certain.
You're right!!! I just disconnected VPN and everything is working now and the UA app is updated with the latest information. I had no idea UA's app doesn't play nicely with VPNs. Is this a bug? Should I report it?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're right!!! I just disconnected VPN and everything is working now and the UA app is updated with the latest information. I had no idea UA's app doesn't play nicely with VPNs. Is this a bug? Should I report it?
Not sure what exactly is the issue. I suppose somehow sometimes a third-party thing that the app wants to contact might be getting blocked.

I assume you have the app up to date? I still use VPN regularly for both android and ios, and I haven't had the problem in quite a while.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Not sure what exactly is the issue. I suppose somehow sometimes a third-party thing that the app wants to contact might be getting blocked.

I assume you have the app up to date? I still use VPN regularly for both android and ios, and I haven't had the problem in quite a while.
It's strange because I haven't experienced any issues using other apps with a VPN. I'm currently in Singapore and there's no way I'm doing any work using Andaz's Wifi without a VPN.

I just checked Google Play and I do have the latest version installed.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:36 am

you shouldn’t have to do that either. Im perpetually logged in on the app

try using cellular, different wifi, update the app or reboot the phone.
When I connect to the free wifi @ DEN airport, I 100% get the "no connectivity" message on my Android for the last 6 months. When I disconnect from that wifi and use cellular, it works.
I am guessing either United's endpoints are blocking something based on the source of the traffic - ie, some public Wifi's and VPNs.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get those errors sporadically when looking at upgrade lists using inflight Wi-Fi.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:48 am

The common link here is Android/Google

Moral: If it’s not an iPhone, it’s not an iPhone.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an iPhone/iPad.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
I have an iPhone/iPad.
Inflight wifi fells even the best on occasion.

The good news is your IMs will be blue not green.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
No more Expert Mode in app?

I'm no longer getting any Expert Mode fare class details in iOS app search results. Is anyone else having this issue? It worked for me as recently as yesterday.

The data shows for me on a desktop browser. I will not be happy if this is a permanent "enhancement," Expert Mode on mobile is a lifesaver for SDC and during IRROPS. I guess it's also key for everyday use as well... I can't remember the last time I booked a flight outside the app.

Last edited by Nomos; May 5, 2022 at 9:24 am Reason: A word
Old May 5, 2022, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Nomos
I'm no longer getting any Expert Mode fare class details in iOS app search results. Is anyone else having this issue? It worked for me as recently as yesterday.
I just tried a trip and got Expert Mode results. May want to try deleting and reinstalling the app. Or at a minimum log out of and back into the app.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I just tried a trip and got Expert Mode results. May want to try deleting and reinstalling the app. Or at a minimum log out of and back into the app.
Thanks for the tip, looks like it's back for me now. Must have been a temporary bug or something unique to my device.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.