Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2018)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Arrow Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Let's start ... a new year ... new delays and cancellations

sitting in the ZRH SEN lounge right now ... and it's a weird one

UA135 ZRH-EWR 764 5 hrs late due to crew rest (too much NYE partying perhaps )

also

UA85 TLV-EWR 772 3 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
onthesam likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by cfischer
Let's start ... a new year ... new delays and cancellations

sitting in the ZRH SEN lounge right now ... and it's a weird one

UA135 ZRH-EWR 764 5 hrs late due to crew rest (too much NYE partying perhaps )
if you look on the app, it shows the inbound aircraft out of Newark as delayed for mechanical reasons. My guess is that someone at United input crew rest as the official reason for the delay in order to get out of EU 261.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sannmann
if you look on the app, it shows the inbound aircraft out of Newark as delayed for mechanical reasons. My guess is that someone at United input crew rest as the official reason for the delay in order to get out of EU 261.
That would be most unlikely even if "crew rest" delays were exempted from EU261.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by sannmann

Odds are they contacted outbound crew when inbound delay mounted in order to reset their rest to make flight legal. Not nefarious.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:48 am

842 SYD-LAX Thursday Dec 27 Cnx

FR24 says it operated UA842 on Friday Dec 28, so I am not sure if something was cancelled SFO/LAX/IAH to SYD on Wed Dec 26 or if two UA aeroplanes flew SYD to LAX/SFO/IAH
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA64 EWR-LIS 752 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: CX Gold
UA180 HKG-EWR delayed today (01/14)

I just saw that the status of UA180 today is updated to:

We want to let you know that UA Flight 180 (14 Jan) is delayed because of a crew-related schedule disruption, and will make an extra stop in San Francisco because of this. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Your estimated departure time is 08:30 PM. Your arrival time in Newark is now 3:10 AM.
What does this "crew-related schedule disruption" generally mean? Perhaps one of the crew members called in sick to work? Moreover, the timing of the flight is strange. Currently it is showing a on-time departure from HKG at 11AM, but the arrival time in SFO is around 4:55 PM (The SFO-EWR flight is showing a departure time of 7:30 PM on 01/14, and an arrival time of 03:10 AM on 01/15), which lasts for almost 22 hours! So perhaps there is some delay in departure planned but not yet announced?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
What does this "crew-related schedule disruption" generally mean?
A good guess would be that someone's going to time out before the flight gets to EWR.

Currently it is showing a on-time departure from HKG at 11AM, but the arrival time in SFO is around 4:55 PM
That cannot be correct. Expect further updates . . . .
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I just saw that the status of UA180 today is updated to:

We want to let you know that UA Flight 180 (14 Jan) is delayed because of a crew-related schedule disruption, and will make an extra stop in San Francisco because of this. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Your estimated departure time is 08:30 PM. Your arrival time in Newark is now 3:10 AM.
What does this "crew-related schedule disruption" generally mean? Perhaps one of the crew members called in sick to work? Moreover, the timing of the flight is strange. Currently it is showing a on-time departure from HKG at 11AM, but the arrival time in SFO is around 4:55 PM (The SFO-EWR flight is showing a departure time of 7:30 PM on 01/14, and an arrival time of 03:10 AM on 01/15), which lasts for almost 22 hours! So perhaps there is some delay in departure planned but not yet announced?
Originally Posted by Kacee
A good guess would be that someone's going to time out before the flight gets to EWR.

That cannot be correct. Expect further updates . . . .
My bet is that the estimated departure time in the flight status "message" (bolded part above) applies to the HKG-SFO leg, and that UA hasn't correctly updated the departure time field (hence why it's still showing an on-time departure). Departing HKG at 8:30pm (a 9.5 hour delay from the original departure time!) makes sense for a 4:55pm arrival into SFO, as does a continuation from SFO to EWR departing at ~7pm and arriving at ~3am. Yikes.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Scheduled to depart 8:30pm.

0180/14JAN
F HKG/ETD 830P L09.30 CREW SCHEDULING
P SFO/ETA 455P FLAG STOP-INTERM-ETD 515P PREVIOUS STOP HKG
F SFO/ETD 730P
F EWR/ETA 310A L13.50
D FCF/FSTOP SFO ENRT HKG-EWR A/CREW SCHEDULING

SKED HKG ORIG 1100A GTD **** SHIP 3007
EWR 120P TERM GTA B64
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by onthesam
Scheduled to depart 8:30pm.
Thanks for the update! It is always good to see more information behind the story. Meanwhile, I am wondering what this 515P time means? This flight is scheduled to arrive in SFO at 4:55 PM, and to leave SFO at 7:30 PM. Where is this 5:15 PM coming from?

FLAG STOP-INTERM-ETD 515P PREVIOUS STOP HKG
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
UA 984 CDG-SFO postponed until tomorrow 7.40am due to cancelation of incoming flight (01/13 IAD-CDG )

Last edited by grenouille; Jan 14, 2019 at 2:50 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
1/14 180 is planning a 2 h 35 min layover at SFO. Looks like they're planning to have passengers clear CBP and get back on.

I heard 180 is no longer crewed exclusively from EWR. Is this delay related to road traffic disruption involving HKG FAs?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:28 am

Thanks for the update! It is always good to see more information behind the story. Meanwhile, I am wondering what this 515P time means? This flight is scheduled to arrive in SFO at 4:55 PM, and to leave SFO at 7:30 PM. Where is this 5:15 PM coming from?
Update: UA180 finally left HKG for SFO at around 8:43 PM. I really feel sorry for the pax on this flight today.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
They always quote an unrealistically good "touch and go" ETD whenever FLIFO logs a divert. I've never seen them keep to it, but they could.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.