Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PDX-EWR-DUB, lounge and backpack carryon size queries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond

Hello,

Flying PDX to DUB via EWR on 03/22: Both legs are Z fares. I have a 5 hour layover in EWR. Is the Polaris lounge the best option? I have std Red Carpet Club access too. Lastly, I am flying all P class back to PDX when I return. I will check my duffle, but will the overhead bins accommodate my 75L backpack? Or should I downsize to 50L and just use a larger duffle for my checked items? And do I still go through Customs in Dublin rather when I come back to PDX via EWR on the 27th?

thanks.
Eric
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The Polaris lounge is the least worst lounge at EWR.

OH bin dimensions are published, since we don't know the dimensions of your backpack based on the volume.

Yes, Dublin subjects you to preclearance if the flight is on time.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thanks. I will measure my backpack against the stated online measurements.

Eric

Last edited by ekwang; Dec 28, 2018 at 5:14 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat
75 l. would be obviously over the size limit for a carry-on. For comparison, for a recent P fare trip I checked (did not carry on) a 40 l. pack, which was already pushing it, size-wise. If you have a 50 l. not packed to the gills you could probably get away with it in business, assuming it's on UA metal.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The volume of the backpack is irrelevant. As is the size of the OH bins on your aircraft as well as the class of service. UA publishes the maximum dimensions for each of the two items you may carry on. Best to pack and then measure to be sure that your bag(s) do not exceed any of the limits.

You will go through not only customs but the immigration (passport control) aspect of CBP at DUB on return, absent some delay.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eCarry-On.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.