Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Elite recognition / compensation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
That has never been my experience as a 1K.
Really? I can remember 2 or 3 occasions where I emailed customer service about an issue after missing the automatic unitedcares email. Each time, they just refer me back to the email and tell me the compensation is there. When they gave you compensation, did they go back and cancel the other one? or did you get double compensation?

One time, a long time ago, back when they didnt give out ECTs and they gave out the other kind that doesnt count towards PQD, I specifically emailed them to ask them to trade it in for an ECT. The agreed to do it but said it was a one time thing.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eng3
I can remember 2 or 3 occasions where I emailed customer service about an issue after missing the automatic unitedcares email. Each time, they just refer me back to the email and tell me the compensation is there. When they gave you compensation, did they go back and cancel the other one? or did you get double compensation?
I don't use the link. The fill-in form is a hassle. I'd rather just send a concise email to 1kvoice, and that's what I always do.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I don't use the link. The fill-in form is a hassle. I'd rather just send a concise email to 1kvoice, and that's what I always do.
I found a very old email, this is what they said:
Thank you for contacting United Airlines Customer Care. We apologize for the flight delay you experienced on March 9, 2014. Although United does evaluate our performance on every level so our recovery efforts go smoothly in the future, we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback has been very helpful, and wewanted to let you know that your comments have been included in a report to our senior management for their information and internal use.

You should have received an email inviting you to visit our appreciation website in order to obtain a gesture of goodwill for Flight 15; the URL is www.united.com/appreciation. We hope you will have a chance to visit this website. Please note you have 90 days from the date of your flight to acquire the goodwill gesture.

Thank you for your loyalty as a Premier 1K MileagePlus member. We look forward to providing you with a more positive travel experience.
I'd have to search more to find my other ones but you get the idea.

Anyways, next time I'll try emailing them. I agree, I find the form a hassle as well.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
If you don't use the form (I don't know, I don't find it that difficult) - how do you know if you are getting shortchanged by emailing?

It seems to me - you go with the form - and if you don't like what you see - you email.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Two instances in 2018. EWR to LHR in Y earned me under 200 miles. It was a cheap fare, bought on UA .com but still only earned that little bit. Earned a whole lot more on the return in a super cheap J seat. Last month going EWR to FCO in J paid tickets we were delayed about 4 hours on a MX issue. We did get an apology from the crew and thanks for your patience too. Beyond that zip. The folks taking that same bird back to EWR got some nice EU261 money since they were over 4 hours late from get go. We actually left the gate on time but had to go back... oh well. We had a great time in Rome and around the Med and sitting in J made the delay a lot easier to deal with.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
If you don't use the form (I don't know, I don't find it that difficult) - how do you know if you are getting shortchanged by emailing?

It seems to me - you go with the form - and if you don't like what you see - you email.
Do whatever you like. I've been treated fairly by 1kvoice. No intention of changing.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
No, UA values 7500 miles at $150 for comp purposes.
So within a factor of two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.