Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q: What's the issue with many NRSAs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Why? If anything, I would expect better behavior on positive space.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Why? If anything, I would expect better behavior on positive space.
I didn't say I expected better or worse behavior. I just think the conversation about "how should employee X have behaved?" depends greatly on whether that person was "at work" or whether they were travelling on personal time.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:15 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by threeoh
... I just think the conversation about "how should employee X have behaved?" depends greatly on whether that person was "at work" or whether they were traveling on personal time.
I don't think UA makes such a distinction when employees are traveling on company provide benefits. If they are identified by other passengers as UA employees or on employee travel benefits, the public is not going to make a distinction either.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by threeoh
Nope.

I wasn't there and didn't see the behavior but based on the description here it doesn't seem ok.

But NRSA is (generally) an employee perk for leisure travel and NRPS deadheading to/from training is part of the job, so I think the whole conversation is different.
NRSA can also be employee/significant other/partener. Having several friends who are UA employees I know that when even the partner of an employee is traveling NRSA they are told to dress well, be super polite, and be patient. I am sure there are other employees and ex-employees who post here who can address this issue better as they have dealt with it first hand.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nomad420
NRSA can also be employee/significant other/partener. Having several friends who are UA employees I know that when even the partner of an employee is traveling NRSA they are told to dress well, be super polite, and be patient. I am sure there are other employees and ex-employees who post here who can address this issue better as they have dealt with it first hand.
I feel the employees and ex-employees that have an understanding of traveling NRSA would think this thread is rediculous.

Are there NRSA problem children out there? I’m sure there are. Is it an epidemic issue requiring a 4 page FT thread - probably not.

It has been quite entertaining reading though, thank you all for your inputs!

Last edited by clubord; Dec 5, 2018 at 6:16 am
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Like IDB pax who refuse to leave or people who tweet about not being allowed to wear leggings, there are always going to be a few bad apples who get 90% of the attention and inflate a minor issue into an international incident.
United747 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.