Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K swag for consecutive years

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Now if you live in Australia or Canada you will get the 1K package early March for a requalify , but first you need to call the 1K desk weekly in February to discuss why these are not sent out. Typically in June you will receive another set of coasters that someone sends out thinking nothing has been done yet with the complaint. It’s basically like an Easter egg hunt that never ends....... enjoy your 1K adventure

ajmeboy likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Asknorm
I hit 2MM 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a simple congratulatory email. Stop being so demanding, you think they are in the business of recognizing loyal customers. LOL
i recall when I hit 2MM a few years ago that I received an email pretty promptly and selected a tumi briefcase as my gift. Perhaps check your spam filters, as it may come from a different email than your other United correspondence.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
So if I made 1K for the first time this year in early Nov I won't get the tags until next year? Just asking and it's not a big deal.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by chebert999
So if I made 1K for the first time this year in early Nov I won't get the tags until next year? Just asking and it's not a big deal.
You might, but there's some cut-off late in the year after which they just wait until the "regular" mailing period for everyone.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I got excited the first time I made 2P, 1P, 1K and each year I made GS and when I crossed the 4 MM lifetime GS status.

Nowaday, I am just thrilled when each of my upgrade clears.
I never imagine I would say this “ getting status is easier than clearing upgrade list.....”.
iluv2fly and Kannai like this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Nov 22, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Airlines are basically airborne buses nowadays. At one time (into the ‘50s), it was a gentrified experience. No more - but some still think it’s some grand and differencing experience. Asking for airline recognition nowadays is like asking Greyhound for recognition. I think people have an inflated opinion of their worth to airlines. We’re (individually) a flea on an elephant. Some have ridden the elephant farther than the other fleas. But if you want some recognition for riding that elephant for so long, no harm in demanding it...

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Nov 22, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:32 pm
PPM

I could have written this post myself. I have so far flown almost 200,000 miles on United this year, and will reach 200,000 by year's end (albeit with flight credits from LOT because I refuse to give United more business when upgrades do not clear). Most of my travel is international and I cannot use GPUs or RPUs this year. Everything is wait-listed and when it goes to the airport wait-list, everything is upturned with the cheap buy-ups they offer general members or those with only silver status. I have waitlisted 6 GPUs for relatives to use in December before they expire. All are waitlisted and the call I had yesterday with the 1K representative (who was delightful) said her experience of working with United for 20 years is that almost all GPUs go to a gate waitlist now. So much for loyalty, and I am also 2MM, and there is absolutely NO additional loyalty recognition for that.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Boghopper

Once you achieve a given status level it’s back to “what have you done for me lately”.
Doesn't it becomes Do You Know Who I AM!! Reminds me of an older AA thread of someone who wore a baseball cap announcing his status LOL.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Strange, I had 2 emails before hitting 2MM 2 weeks ago and 1 after (2 days ago). I assumed they were computer generated and triggered automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.