Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 2019 Domestic Network Changes -- 22 new routes, some reductions/deletions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United 2019 Domestic Network Changes -- 22 new routes, some reductions/deletions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by PVDProf
What aircraft will they use for EWR-ANC? That's a long flight on a narrow body.
757 16J version
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Maybe, they are looking at DUS instead, which could be a more attractive market.
LH already does EWR-DUS. They're actually swapping it over to Eurowings soon. Was an easy upgrade from Business to First with GPUs.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Maybe, they are looking at DUS instead, which could be a more attractive market.
EWR-DUS is operated in the TATL JV by LH (for now), but soon transitioning to Eurowings. I always thought it made more sense as a UA route, since LH reduced its DUS operation, but I think its traffic is derived more heavily from the German point of sale, hence the desire to keep a German carrier in the market.

Seasonal EWR-HAM was a 757 this summer, so it appears the daily seasonal EWR-ANC will be its same-for-same replacement.

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
LH already does EWR-DUS. They're actually swapping it over to Eurowings soon. Was an easy upgrade from Business to First with GPUs.
In the past, yes, but F has been gone from EWR-DUS for quite some time now.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:00 pm

I have LEX-EWR-LHR booked for 3/29/19. What happens now?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by LarryU
LAX-EUG but still no LAX-PDX.
​​​​​They seem to be backing off of routes with multiple competitors (dropping DFW, ABQ and earlier dropping TUS and MSP) and adding routes with somewhat less competition.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wittenscafe
I have LEX-EWR-LHR booked for 3/29/19. What happens now?
You'll be rebooked automatically in the next day or two. If the flight times change enough, you'll have the option for a refund or a further adjustment to fit your schedule.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
Shame about EWR-HAM. Only TXL is left out of several other non-FRA/MUC markets that have mostly flopped over the years.
Is EWR-TXL safe, or is it hanging by a thread?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
EWR-PNS coming next year?

Figured that would be added after I moved from NJ to Houston...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by radiowell
Is EWR-TXL safe, or is it hanging by a thread?
TXL is Germany's capital with a larger population, bigger catchment area and more diversified economy than HAM. EWRTXL retains year-round widebody service, so my guess is it's safe, barring a major downturn.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
TXL is Germany's capital with a larger population, bigger catchment area and more diversified economy than HAM. EWRTXL retains year-round widebody service, so my guess is it's safe, barring a major downturn.
Thanks. Makes sense. Selfishly, I asked because I booked an EWR-TXL trip early next year, thanks to a discounted J fare I found in the Mileage Run forum
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LarryU
LAX-EUG but still no LAX-PDX.
They've got LAX to MFR, RDM, and now EUG. I'm sure they'll get to Oregon's 4th most important airport eventually.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
following the axing of EWR-BDL, today's EWR-MHT deletion means that the writing is on the wall for EWR-PVD.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Nice to see HHH join the network. Pretty major move, with 2x daily out of IAD, plus some weekend service from ORD and EWR.
I was using SAV as the alternate, and the fares were always pretty high, so might work out well.

Wonder if some of the HHH frequency / routes will be seasonal?

CMH now joins CVG with service to SFO. Wonder if the timing will be similar. Would be nice to be timed with TPAC bank...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
LAX-MSN is interesting; I'm guessing SFO-MSN has been successful.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Nice to see HHH join the network. Pretty major move, with 2x daily out of IAD, plus some weekend service from ORD and EWR.
I was using SAV as the alternate, and the fares were always pretty high, so might work out well.

Wonder if some of the HHH frequency / routes will be seasonal?

CMH now joins CVG with service to SFO. Wonder if the timing will be similar. Would be nice to be timed with TPAC bank...
I think HHH is due to CHS being crammed and stuffed. They are already sharing a gate with allegiant and delta, plus using a gate for double duty (move from plane to plane) just to have 4 birds on the ground in the morning. So many passengers come to CHS and drive to SAV, HHH and MYR due to convenience as well as rental car selection. CHS has added 5 new gates, 3 new airlines and just finished a huge remodel and upgrade, but 2 months after it was complete we sirpassed the 2020 estimates and they are now starting the 2020 upgrades next month.

DL now flies 757 twice a day to ATL to help capacity as they really couldn't increase frequency any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.