Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New routes SFO-AMS (30 Mar19),EWR-NAP (seasonal 22 May19),EWR-PRG(seasonal 06 June19)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
SFO-AMS year round 789 begins March 30 Daily
EWR - NAP summer seasonal 763 begins May 22 Daily
EWR - PRG summer seasonal 763 begins June 6 Daily
"Hello, Buongiorno, Ahoj, Hallo!"
United Airlines Announces New Nonstop Service to the Amalfi Coast, the Czech Republic and the Netherlands

August 30, 2018
CHICAGO, Aug. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Strengthening the world's most comprehensive route network, United Airlines today announced customers have new international routes to choose from in 2019 including daily, year-round service between San Francisco and Amsterdam and new nonstop seasonal summer service between New York/Newark and Naples, Italy, the only nonstop flight from North America to Naples, as well as New York/Newark and Prague, subject to government approval. Tickets are now available for purchase on united.com or the United app.

"We've built an unparalleled global network and we continuously look for opportunities to make United the first choice for travelers booking flights to Europe and beyond," said Patrick Quayle, United's vice president of International Network. "Whether customers are traveling for business or leisure, United offers more choice than ever before to connect to the places, people and moments that matter most."

New Daily, Year-Round Service Between San Francisco and Amsterdam
Beginning March 30, 2019, United will be the only U.S. carrier to offer nonstop service between San Francisco and Amsterdam and is the airline's fifth nonstop flight to the Netherlands. United currently operates daily, year-round services between Amsterdam and Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark and Washington Dulles.United has operated nonstop service to Amsterdam for more than 25 years and currently offers daily nonstop service between Amsterdam and its hubs in Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark and Washington, D.C.

New Summer Service Between New York/Newark and Naples, Italy
United will be the only carrier offering customers nonstop service between the U.S. and Naples, Italy, beginning May 22, 2019 through Oct. 4, 2019.United's daily, summer service will connect customers traveling from New York/Newark to Naples, Southern Italy's largest city. Visitors to Naples enjoy the city's castles, architecture, art and world-famous cuisine as well as nearby Mount Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed the nearby Roman town of Pompeii. Naples also serves as a gateway to the Amalfi Coast, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and popular tourist destination.United's new service to Naples will be its sixth nonstop service to Italy and is conveniently timed for connecting customers from more than 60 destinations across the United States.

New Summer Service Between New York/Newark and Prague, Czech Republic
Beginning June 6, 2019 through Oct. 4, 2019, United will offer daily nonstop seasonal service between New York/Newark and Prague, also known as the Golden City, the City of a Hundred Spires and the jewel in the crown of Central Europe. Prague is considered one of Europe's most charming, colorful and beautiful cities and has become one of the most popular destinations in Central Europe. Visitors to Prague enjoy its Old Town Square lined with colorful baroque architecture, Gothic churches and its famous medieval astronomical clock, the Orloj. United's service to Prague is conveniently timed to connect customers from more than 65 destinations across the United States.

Building the world's best global route network
In addition to offering customers new service to Amsterdam, Naples and Prague, United is continuing to build its global network of nearly 360 international destinations in 49 countries. Next year United will resume nonstop seasonal service between eight U.S. airports and more than 20 destinations in Europe, the Caribbean and Mexico including popular destinations like Porto, Portugal; Reykjavik, Iceland; Athens, Greece and Venice, Italy. As previously announced, United will also begin the only nonstop service between Washington Dulles and Tel Aviv, Israel next year.
Print Wikipost

New routes SFO-AMS (30 Mar19),EWR-NAP (seasonal 22 May19),EWR-PRG(seasonal 06 June19)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm hilariously dense. I was trying to figure out what cities were close to Amsterdam, Prague, and Naples, but with the letters "TO" added in. Took me way too long to realize how stupid I was being :-)
narvik likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

Well done! Got hung up on the first one. Glad to see they are adding more European destinations from the West Coast. As for Naples / Prague...NAP makes sense for Amalfi Coast visitors, I guess. Prague - is there that much demand?

I guess more interestingly - both NAP and PRG are outside 752 range...safe to say that they are keeping both OPO and KEF for next summer?
I think EWR-PRG/NAP are to be 763, SFO-AMS 787 of some ilk. EWR-KEF will return with a slightly later start (June 1 vs. May 23). I think all of the other seasonal EU routes will be back, too (EWR-OPO/VCE/ATH, SFO-ZRH, ORD-FCO, IAD-EDI, etc.)

Originally Posted by Lubey
From: 1 I have no idea, 2 looks like NYC, 3 looks like the bridge in Chicago just sound of union station... But I can't figure out the other buildings in the background. To: I can't figure out 1&2, but someone guessed Naples on twitter, and after a quick google search, the third one does look like Naples...

Edit: As I was typing this out someone guessed all of them. A day late and a dollar short I suppose haha
Top row; # 1 is San Francisco, # 2 is New York City (Midtown) and # 3 is downtown Newark, NJ.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
The middle picture looks like:

Karlův most,

so that would make it Prague

Oh, Charles Bridge for you non Czech speakers

And obviously from EWR.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS
I would be very ecstatic if EWR-PRG is actually launched, since I have to go 1-2X per year for work.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
EWR-KEF will return with a slightly later start (June 1 vs. May 23).
I do wish UA flew EWR-KEF in the winter for the northern lights. Have to imagine that is a (very) limited set of folks interested in that.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I will say that AMS is a bit of a surprise, as I have seen UA downgauge that route at times ex-EWR over the years, even during the summer. I guess it’s getting some of its mojo back? (I love the city, so the more access the better!)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:40 pm

Well done! Got hung up on the first one. Glad to see they are adding more European destinations from the West Coast. As for Naples / Prague...NAP makes sense for Amalfi Coast visitors, I guess. Prague - is there that much demand?

I guess more interestingly - both NAP and PRG are outside 752 range...safe to say that they are keeping both OPO and KEF for next summer?
Emirates seem to think so - they fly an A380 there @:-)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Prague - is there that much demand?
Delta is flying a 764 JFK-PRG seasonally, although Czech Airlines is a SkyTeam partner.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EWR764
SFO-AMS
EWR-NAP
EWR-PRG

Guessing all three summer seasonal. EWR-NAP is especially interesting to me... I am probably one of the only people who loves the city of Naples. Of course, plenty of other magnificent things to see and do in and around the area as well.
Great adds. Amalfi and Capri (and pizza!) await

AMS is awesome. I hear the same about Prague

Bangkok be like {redacted}
Hats off UA for the social media game. Anagram (for Mongo) is a nice touch.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 29, 2018 at 6:24 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
SFO-AMS is not too surprising. UA has a solid presence there and SFO-AMS does well for KLM.

It's about time they started EWR-PRG, it's a huge summer destination in Europe and AA/DL already fly there. I actually might use this route next summer.

EWR-NAP is more surprising. I know Meridiana (now Air Italy) used to fly JFK-NAP before the rebrand, and I can't remember if DL flew JFK-NAP for one year in like 2015 or 2016. Ironically, I flew out of NAP a few days ago.

Nothing IAD after all of this talk about increasing their number of banks by 50%? I guess TLV is their new Euro route and it's year round instead of seasonally.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Delta is flying a 764 JFK-PRG seasonally, although Czech Airlines is a SkyTeam partner.
Not much connectivity with eight A319, eight ATRs, a A321 and A330 being total fleet.

Flew them from MAD-PRG-MAD a couple of years ago, and they were actually pretty good. Service was definitely a notch above UA. Planes were clean.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Interesting no DEN or IAD
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Lots of major conferences are hosted in Amsterdam! As a UA flyer, this will be very useful. I personally dislike connecting through the East Coast to get to Europe.

(With SFO-SIN frequency doubling and the TLV addition, and now this, I think that UA is really going after the Bay Area tech routes, and corporate contracts. Just wish they would add SFO-Delhi/BLR/BOM, and Barcelona, even if it's seasonal.)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I don't think UA is done with its 2019 route announcements. Last year, there were a few sets of announcements in the August/September timeframe as the S18 schedule was loaded. I expect the same this year, including a separate DEN announcement.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Emirates seem to think so - they fly an A380 there @:-)
They have so many 380s...

Happy to see another Europe route from SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.