Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

HUCA - what CRM capabilities does UA have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HUCA - what CRM capabilities does UA have?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
They definitely can write and read notes about you or your reservations.
Yes and odds are very high that a negative note will be noticed if you call back and ask for something that's already been denied.

I'm not familiar with the interface, but these seem to be recorded differently - and more prominently - than notes that relate to the travel itself.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by mh3265a
I would add I don't think UA has a good CRM yet. There have been some articles and discussions by leadership of implementing a system but nothing yet. As others have pointed out they can add notes to your travel records but it's up to the agent you're dealing with.
With Simsek gone hopefully Oscar understands the rationale of spending money on IT.

The old CIO quit after Smisek pulled the plug on Amadeus Altea, which basically most of Star Alliance uses, including UA's best friend LH group, and chose to develop SHARES internally.

We call that "penny wise" pound foolish.

Add leaving JFK and selling the ps slots to Delta to that list of "penny wise" pound foolish greatest hits.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Another venue got thousands in spending from me because although their ticket prices are higher, I don't have BS fees tacked on at the last moment(e.g. with venue A a $100 ticket can turn into a $119 ticket; venue B a $125 ticket is a $125 ticket) -- I pay more but I feel the relationship is more fair and I'm not being taken advantage of.
Sounds like your average LCC (or even legacy) airfare.
jsloan likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by OpenSky
With Simsek gone hopefully Oscar understands the rationale of spending money on IT.
Well, he's had 3 years to "understand" that, so far.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky
Never doubt the ghost of Smisek nor the ability for Kirby to suck the awesome out of the experience much like Kirby sucks the air out of a Nintendo world.

First they came after the Global Services priority check-in areas, and I did not speak out as I wasn't a Global Service member. Then they came for the soup in First Class and I did not speak out as I wasn't a First Class traveller. Then they came after the US residents with spending requirements but I wasn't a US resident. Then they came after the showers in the domestic United Clubs and there was no one left to speak for me.

Safe Travels,

James
lincolnjkc and kohswisscheese like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.