Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Compensation for Lollapalooza Tickets (due to canceled flight-consequential damages?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for Lollapalooza Tickets (due to canceled flight-consequential damages?)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
The days of EWR - LGA - JFK being considered co-terminals is past unfortunately.. that used to be a really good deal.

This is based off a couple of times when I have called and tried to do the switch, in the last 24 months.
In IRROPS situations, you should be able to change between any nearby airports, co-terminal or not. If you're trying to make a voluntary change (i.e., SDC), the policy has never applied to co-terminals, as far as I know.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
How did your claim for reimbursement for Lollapalooza tickets go when UA cancelled your flight?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Reminds me of the time United cancelled the LAX-SFO leg of a LAX-SFO-MSY trip due to operational difficulties. I was headed home to New Orleans where I lived at the time. I had tickets to see B.B. King that night when I got home. United wouldn't put me on an alternate itinerary to MSY, and at that era in my life I didn't have the resources to just buy a cash ticket on another carrier. They put me in a hotel and gave me a dinner voucher, but I missed the concert.

And then B.B. King died. I still enjoy his music, but I never got to see him play live. I still fly United, but I remain a bit sad about what happened that night. No, they did not compensate me for my concert ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.